• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Bird Fighting Mirror What a mess!

BobRad65

Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Location
Raleigh, NC
Vehicles
'22 Tesla Model Y, '24 Tesla FS Cybertruck
Occupation
Banking & Finance
Country flag
Anyone else have to deal with this sh*t?! Dang bird keeps crapping on my truck, apparently seeing himself in my side mirror.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Bird Fighting Mirror What a mess! IMG_4624
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
I bet it was a male cardinal, wasn't it?
 

Beetlebug62

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Mar 24, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
340
Reaction score
344
Location
Maine, USA
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR-AWD, 2025 CyberTruck dual-motor
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Anyone else have to deal with this sh*t?! Dang bird keeps crapping on my truck, apparently seeing himself in my side mirror.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Bird Fighting Mirror What a mess! {filename}
Have you tried folding in your mirrors?
 

Sandman1962

Well-known member
First Name
Sel
Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
230
Reaction score
221
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
I have this exact problem. Pretty annoying and I’ve not seen the culprits in action. These birds are not targeting the CT specifically though - my son’s Mazda gets the same attention.
I’ve tried putting those yellow microfiber towels on the mirror as a deterrent with mixed results I wonder if a plastic bag would work.
 

Limes2

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
174
Reaction score
132
Location
Chicagoland
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck AWD
Two options

1) Fold your mirrors when you park & put a bag over them
2) Remove mirrors and cap them with the couple of 3rd party parts out there
 
OP
OP

BobRad65

Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Location
Raleigh, NC
Vehicles
'22 Tesla Model Y, '24 Tesla FS Cybertruck
Occupation
Banking & Finance
Country flag
I bet it was a male cardinal, wasn't it?
Not a Cardinal. It's a greasy looking small black bird with an amazing quantity of poop.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: REM

tingmo13

Well-known member
First Name
tashi
Joined
Apr 10, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
379
Reaction score
235
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
tesla model Y
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Green vehicle is Eco friendly-live/accept it as destiny.
 

Sandman1962

Well-known member
First Name
Sel
Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
230
Reaction score
221
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
I have this exact problem. Pretty annoying and I’ve not seen the culprits in action. These birds are not targeting the CT specifically though - my son’s Mazda gets the same attention.
I’ve tried putting those yellow microfiber towels on the mirror as a deterrent with mixed results I wonder if a plastic bag would work.
I have put plastic bags over the mirrors and lightly secured them with tiny carabiners. This has helped quite a bit. There is still some bird “bombings” but it’s much less. It does take a minute to put on and off but well worth it.
 
 
Top