Cool writeup and thanks for including those pictures.
For those wondering about the reasons Tesla excluded this, we can only guess as others have pointed out the S/X have it.
My guess is that Tesla is moving away from legacy features like this and Homelink which also isn't available on the CT...
Take normal household 5% white vinegar and a sponge to that side panel as a test. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it removes it.
If the water stain disappears in the side panel do the rest of the vault bed.
FWIW I don't even rinsie mine. Just leave the cover open and air dry. Will...
The smugglers bay is great for impromptu tail gate sessions when you forgot to bring your insulated cooler. Large bag of gas station ice and add drinks.
A picture would help if you can attach one. I've found that the blotchy grey stains on my vault bed are water stains.
Cleans right up with white vinegar.
I think Tesla recommended in the past using the PS5 controller.
My experience with the Xbox controller was that if you use it on a Windows 11 PC as well, it may get updated firmware during it's connection to the PC that makes it not compatible with Teslas anymore.
Adding the extra slat fixed 100% of my water issues at the front of the vault. The back, near the tailgate clearly has a drain slot opening in the bed, so as others have said, it's mean't to get wet.
I have the Tesmanian one and like it for easy clean out of the vault bed. Any loose debris from transporting bags of mulch, dirt or in my case recently fertilizer that had a tiny hole in one of the bags.
Open the tailgate, pull the bed liner mat toward you and over the tailgate to clean it...
I went through the Tesla Xpel referral service for mine. A bit more expensive than just finding an Xpel dealer installer near me but was quick and easy to get done.
https://lp.xpel.com/tesla-window-film
Some neighborhoods near me have a 20 MPH speed limit and FSD on the CT with the 40% offset tries to do 35 MPH. Always have to rapidly flick the right wheel down to keep in check.
Lots of screen protectors and covers for the rear screen trim piece but I don't think anyone makes a cover that obscures the rear screen while protecting it.
I used the Xpel referral service through Tesla earlier this year on the CT. Email was sent directly from Tesla and the process and payment completed on the Xpel website.
Super easy to use and book an appointment at a installer near me. Price is higher than if you just found an Xpel dealer /...