• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

ModelAZ

Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Nov 15, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
446
Reaction score
964
Location
Marin County
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Tesla Roadster reservations are open again! Anyone considering it?? 🤔 I definitely would have if reservation opened when stock market was ripping earlier this year.

Here's the terms:

Roadster reservations require an initial $5,000 credit card payment, plus a $45,000 wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.​
​
The estimated purchase price of the vehicle, if provided, is only an estimate. We are still working on what options, features and hardware the vehicle will have and so cannot confirm the exact price just yet. Your Purchase Price will ultimately be confirmed once you’ve configured your vehicle.​
​

HSiQbCubsAAyYLH.webp
 

Art138

Well-known member
First Name
Art
Joined
May 25, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
847
Reaction score
520
Location
Weston,Florida
Vehicles
MYP,Ford GT & FS CYBERBEAST
Country flag
What is the list price (total) now? I know it hasn’t been announced but any guesses.
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, the reservation page is indeed back open.

Does this mean that the foundation series is all sold out?

Does this mean that you can no longer get the cold air thrusters?

Does this mean that if you order now - that you are in the back of the line when it comes to delivery?
 

BengalBoy

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
367
Reaction score
417
Location
Alabama
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
What is the list price (total) now? I know it hasn’t been announced but any guesses.
I guess the Roadster will be somewhere between $250k and $500k. I came up with that figure as a comparison to the Ferrari "Luce" at $680k and the YangWang U9 at $250k. Those are the competitors I would think are the Roadster's direct competition in performance envelope and "rare-air" all-electric production Hypercars.

For the SpaceX package optioned Roadster, I'm going to guess about $2 Million. Give or take $500k. That kind of extreme performance will be very rare, I think, and highly collectible. My guess is from seeing the YangWang U9 *Extreme*, fastest car in the world, all-electric 2900 horse-power, dancing HyperCar. It costs $2.75 Million and limited to 30 units. If the rumors are true about the SpaceX package, Flying Car, F1 Fan Car tech, track only, etc., I imagine it will be a limited production run for Tesla.
 

babylou66

New member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Houston
Vehicles
'24 Boxster GTS 4.0, Tesla MYP
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I am hoping they changed their thinking and are now going with a lightweight roadster which would also be lower cost but much higher volume. Something like $100k and 3,000 lb. That can be a fun daily driver. Replace my Porsche Boxster GTS.

$250k cars are garage queens. Not gonna park them at a restaraunt, etc.

Tesla, while you're at it; copy Porsche's steering system. They are uncomparable for steering feel in this era. If you really want to reach then burn a few kWh and do an electrohydraulic system like was in the Toyota MR2 Spyders. 🙏
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am hoping they changed their thinking and are now going with a lightweight roadster which would also be lower cost but much higher volume. Something like $100k and 3,000 lb. That can be a fun daily driver. Replace my Porsche Boxster GTS.

$250k cars are garage queens. Not gonna park them at a restaraunt, etc.

Tesla, while you're at it; copy Porsche's steering system. They are uncomparable for steering feel in this era. If you really want to reach then burn a few kWh and do an electrohydraulic system like was in the Toyota MR2 Spyders. 🙏
My $250k roadster wouldn't be a garage queen.

I would love for Tesla to copy the Cybertruck steering. Steer by wire is fabulous.
I never want to turn the steering wheel all the way around again.
 
Last edited:
 
Top