• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD should let driver select its repetitive routes

Jaime

Active member
First Name
Jaime
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
32
Reaction score
30
Location
Miami
Vehicles
Zybertruck
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I drive everyday to work and the GPS tells me everytime to take a wrong path to get there. It would be nice if I could be able to teach my car to drive the way I select. I hope sooner better than later the software learns to behave accordingly. (Advise to programmers)
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I drive everyday to work and the GPS tells me everytime to take a wrong path to get there. It would be nice if I could be able to teach my car to drive the way I select. I hope sooner better than later the software learns to behave accordingly. (Advise to programmers)
I have the exact same issue except on my drive home. I'd love to be able to say "Tesla, take me home but avoid the murder route."
 

Sjohnson20

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
935
Reaction score
689
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Yes this is needed. The route I want to take usually is a different one then what the maps chooses. I have to select a destination that is on the way and then select a different one to get the route I want. There needs to be a way to save a route.
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I'll add a little something here.

When FSD is driving, rather than hear "Turn right on 5th street in 200 feet.", we should be hearing "I'm turning right on 5th street in 200 feet."

Every time I hear "In 200 feet, take the 2nd right on 5th street.", I think "Why are you telling me? You're driving!"
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
I'm pretty happy with the route selection and the way the navigation system let's me select a different route even if it will take longer. I have premium connectivity so I know it is selecting the route based upon real-time traffic info. I have it set to re-route if it can save me 5 minutes.

I also like the way I can just turn the steering wheel to deviate from a route and re-engage FSD and it will re-route the way I turned.
 

Celiboy

Well-known member
First Name
Marcel
Joined
May 3, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
583
Reaction score
444
Location
Clovis, California
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Agreed. It’s nice to hear I’m not the only one with this thought. I take my preferred route to work and back every time and usually have to either disengage FSD to go the way I choose and re-engage after a turn, or wait until I know it’ll route me the way I want. Being able to “favorite” a route we drive frequently would be a great feature.
 

ChiTownCT

Well-known member
First Name
CT
Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
581
Reaction score
657
Location
Chicago
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Anyone know if Tesla navigation allow you to change to a different route while in route? I know Google maps will give you other options mid route.
 

Jack27

Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
963
Reaction score
565
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
BMX Mongoose/tony hawk skate board/ roller blades
Occupation
None
Country flag
Last week my CT said to get off the freeway where I know it’s crazy traffic, I thought well it must know , just to go through 5 lights and a left hand turn no one was going through till it turned red as it was 5pm traffic.
Then 2 on ramps later told me to get back on. I was soo mad I got off it had to add 24 minutes to my rout
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Anyone know if Tesla navigation allow you to change to a different route while in route? I know Google maps will give you other options mid route.
You can add a new next way point while in route (voice then tap to accept).
Or voice cancel current route and voice set a new destination, totally hands free.
Adding a stop at some point after the current next way point is more involved.
If you tap the compass symbol to the route selection/ snake looking thing(N up, vehicle direct up, route selection) you can change routing.

There is an option to automatically reroute if the new path is 10 minutes faster (might be adjustable).
 

ChiTownCT

Well-known member
First Name
CT
Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
581
Reaction score
657
Location
Chicago
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
You can add a new next way point while in route (voice then tap to accept).
Or voice cancel current route and voice set a new destination, totally hands free.
Adding a stop at some point after the current next way point is more involved.
If you tap the compass symbol to the route selection/ snake looking thing(N up, vehicle direct up, route selection) you can change routing.

There is an option to automatically reroute if the new path is 10 minutes faster (might be adjustable).
Appreciate the help mongo
 

Jimbo Ringo

Well-known member
First Name
Jimbo
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
84
Reaction score
89
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I drive everyday to work and the GPS tells me everytime to take a wrong path to get there. It would be nice if I could be able to teach my car to drive the way I select. I hope sooner better than later the software learns to behave accordingly. (Advise to programmers)
Oh Yes! Since a high percentage of our trips are repetitive, and we know the best route, this would be a fabulous addition.
 

cbertgo

Well-known member
First Name
Colbert
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
62
Reaction score
32
Location
Roanoke, VA
Vehicles
CyberBeast-tri-motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I drive everyday to work and the GPS tells me everytime to take a wrong path to get there. It would be nice if I could be able to teach my car to drive the way I select. I hope sooner better than later the software learns to behave accordingly. (Advise to programmers)
I like and agree with the recommendation
 

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I'll add a little something here.

When FSD is driving, rather than hear "Turn right on 5th street in 200 feet.", we should be hearing "I'm turning right on 5th street in 200 feet."

Every time I hear "In 200 feet, take the 2nd right on 5th street.", I think "Why are you telling me? You're driving!"
haha. I say the same thing to the Google chick during FSD. I would love for this update to happen. lol
 

Bradpoi60

Member
First Name
Brad
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicles
2024 Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Air Force
Country flag
I have to turn mine off everytime I get close to home because it tries to take me the long way around my complex (through a side gate that may not be open) and doesn't even register the main entrance as an option.

Not sure how tesla fumbled the ball on this but I can't even leave my place through the main entrance. I report the bug every chance I get in hopes it will be fixed.
 
 
Top