• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Find me an easier vehicle to clean than Cybertruck

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
Two+ months parked outside, under some trees (yes, I need to trim back yet again) and all I've done is hose it off, dry it with a leaf blower and every few weeks hit it with Sprayway ammonia-free glass cleaner and wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth.

No rust spots, no tarnish marks, no discoloration of panels. Also no ceramic coatings, soap, waxes, Bar Keepers Friend, Citisurf or anything else fancy. Heck, I haven't even used my pressure washer on it as a regular hose washes everything off - including fingerprints (of which there are few).

Maybe it's the Sprayway, I don't know, but this is the easiest vehicle to clean that I've owned in 30+ years of driving.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Find me an easier vehicle to clean than Cybertruck 1724178712663-to
 

RickJ19Zeta8

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
97
Reaction score
176
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
I did the Citrisurf 77 treatment and it basically cleans itself if I drive through rain, even the fingerprints. Everything except the front grill with the bug guts, which take a bit more effort. And the rear bumper that collects dust / dirt needs the hose.

And I'm on my 4th interior windshield cleaning session due to off-gassing.
 
OP
OP
carsly

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
I did the Citrisurf 77 treatment and it basically cleans itself if I drive through rain, even the fingerprints. Everything except the front grill with the bug guts, which take a bit more effort. And the rear bumper that collects dust / dirt needs the hose.

And I'm on my 4th interior windshield cleaning session due to off-gassing.
I'll concede the interior of the front windshield is a PITA with the off-gassing haze. I've cleaned it twice in two months. Hoping that's not a monthly item!

I do notice less crap/crub on the rear quarter panels after installing the mud flaps, but the drips and water stains on the rear tailgate, while easy to wipe off, are a little annoying due to how visible they are after just a light rain.
 

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
My CT looks great after a fresh rain.

The only problem spot I have is a bird poop stain that I tried to clean off with multiple products (IronX, Touchless Wash, Dish soap). The products made the stain more visible and left water marks. I think bar keepers friend should remove it and I plan to try soon.
 

UberNoob

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
557
Reaction score
496
Location
Florida
Vehicles
CyberBeast & M3P
Occupation
Desktop Security Engineer
Country flag
I found you an easier vehicle to clean, this here matchbox, just a quick swirl or two in the dirty dish water and it’s ready to be stepped on in the middle of the night without feet protection ofc.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Find me an easier vehicle to clean than Cybertruck IMG_6566
 
OP
OP
carsly

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
I found you an easier vehicle to clean, this here matchbox, just a quick swirl or two in the dirty dish water and it’s ready to be stepped on in the middle of the night without feet protection ofc.

IMG_6566.jpeg
Looks like it's missing the wheel covers and somehow has door handles. I 'm sure both will be fixed with a software update. Probably the same update that enables FSD to make sure it's always got a pointy edge aimed at a toe joint.
 
OP
OP
carsly

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
I'll concede the interior of the front windshield is a PITA with the off-gassing haze. I've cleaned it twice in two months. Hoping that's not a monthly item!

I do notice less crap/crub on the rear quarter panels after installing the mud flaps, but the drips and water stains on the rear tailgate, while easy to wipe off, are a little annoying due to how visible they are after just a light rain.
I’ve been wildly unsuccessful in cleaning the off gassing. How do you clean it?
 

RickJ19Zeta8

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
97
Reaction score
176
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
I’ve been wildly unsuccessful in cleaning the off gassing. How do you clean it?
Spray away or Griots glass cleaner. The trick is you need to change your micro-fiber often. Do a pass, change it. Typically Ill clean it with 3 microfibers before its actually clean.

Using this to be able to reach into the front edge of the windshield.
Windshield WOW Magnetic
 
OP
OP
carsly

carsly

Well-known member
First Name
Vin
Joined
Dec 13, 2023
Threads
68
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Princeton, NJ
Vehicles
LR Defender, CT AWD
Country flag
I’ve been wildly unsuccessful in cleaning the off gassing. How do you clean it?
I like Windex Wipes for this job as it's critical to keep a clean surface on the wipe. It takes me 4-6 wipes, using both sides, to get the window clean so I try not to take more than 3-4 swipes back and forth for every section with one side of one wipe. Fewer swipes per side is better if you have a lot of film build-up.

Downside is it uses up a lot of wipes, but it's either that or a lot of microfiber cloths and those are more expensive.
 

shocker

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
88
Reaction score
41
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Agree, stupid easy to keep clean. Formula 409 to take bugs off the front panel of the frunk, followed by glass cleaner there and also the tailgate. Done.
 
 
Top