• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

USB-C to USB-C doesn't charge phone

Cyberham

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
66
Reaction score
31
Location
Penticton BC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone else having this problem? The USB c to USBC in the centre console doesnt charge phones. Its only become really apparent since I got a magnetic phone holder on the corner of my screen. The magnetic ring wont let the phone charge in the tray and when I plug the USB c in it claims its charging but slowly looses charge! I've tried two different cables. When I plug my wife's Iphone in it doesnt even pretend to charge, the charging symbol cycles on and off
 

Shadowmite

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 29, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
124
Reaction score
99
Location
Denver, CO
Vehicles
FS CT, 24' MYP
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Only time I had an issue with my USB-C's not charging phones was when I was trying to use a usb-c to usb-a adaptor to my phone cable. Upgraded phone cable and no problems at all.
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
I have a USB-C cable run from the center console, so that my passenger can charge while using the phone. Works great.

I, too, suspect the cables. They must be rated for "high power" to get full capability.
 

UberNoob

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
557
Reaction score
496
Location
Florida
Vehicles
CyberBeast & M3P
Occupation
Desktop Security Engineer
Country flag
I plug in an Apple 40w brick in the console and use the Apple MagSafe puck on the corner of my screen, no issues except when the truck is plugged in and charging the 120v port is disabled. I can get a full charge on my iPhone 17 pro max in about 20 mins.
 

technut7

Active member
First Name
K
Joined
Oct 9, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
33
Reaction score
12
Location
East Bay SV
Vehicles
2024 Cyberbeast, 2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
Country flag
Do you have anything connected to the two rear USB-C ports? They run on a shared bus and the more connections, the less allocated to each port.
 
OP
OP
Cyberham

Cyberham

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
66
Reaction score
31
Location
Penticton BC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Do you have anything connected to the two rear USB-C ports? They run on a shared bus and the more connections, the less allocated to each port.
No, nothing. Its odd as I've tried an older USB c cable and a brand new fancy one! But I'll try a third and beyond that might just plug in a unit in the 120 😀

Thanks for all the replies, guys 👋
 

Gaximus

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
885
Location
Mead, CO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model 3, Jeep Wrangler, Yamaha R6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I plug in an Apple 40w brick in the console and use the Apple MagSafe puck on the corner of my screen, no issues except when the truck is plugged in and charging the 120v port is disabled. I can get a full charge on my iPhone 17 pro max in about 20 mins.
There is a lot of wasted energy converting 110 to dc, not only that, the trucks power is already DC. So you have DC -> AC -> DC. Lot of wasted energy in each step. not that it makes much difference with 100+kwh battery.
 
OP
OP
Cyberham

Cyberham

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
66
Reaction score
31
Location
Penticton BC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
There is a lot of wasted energy converting 110 to dc, not only that, the trucks power is already DC. So you have DC -> AC -> DC. Lot of wasted energy in each step. not that it makes much difference with 100+kwh battery.
Yeah I dont feel that is the best option either. I need to sort out a proper USB c.
 
 
Top