GuyV
Well-known member
- First Name
- Guy
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2023
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 607
- Reaction score
- 310
- Location
- St. Louis, MO
- Vehicles
- Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
- Occupation
- Retired
National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationWhat is NHTSA?????
National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationWhat is NHTSA?????
Not me. Far too often it either completely misses the Speed Limit sign, guesses wrong, or just changes for no reason at all. For example, driving down my farm to market road in Texas the speed limit is 60. Cybertruck thinks the limit is 70. At least until I get to one area where, for no reason, it changes the speed limit to 25 and slams on the brakes. 1/4 mile later it changes back to 70. Funny thing is, it consistently misses any and all 70 mph signs.Would everyone be happier if they were 0-5? Or -2 to +2 with default being zero?
I love that idea. Let us correct the speed for a particular area we frequent by pressing on the sign. With geolocation memory.Not me. Far too often it either completely misses the Speed Limit sign, guesses wrong, or just changes for no reason at all. For example, driving down my farm to market road in Texas the speed limit is 60. Cybertruck thinks the limit is 70. At least until I get to one area where, for no reason, it changes the speed limit to 25 and slams on the brakes. 1/4 mile later it changes back to 70. Funny thing is, it consistently misses any and all 70 mph signs.
What I would prefer is that I be able to touch the speed limit sign on the screen and have it pop up a selection of speed limits that I can choose from. Then it can use the sloth max algorithm to set the FSD speed based on what I chose.
Or keep the max speed settings user set-able.
Wrong. The left lane is already meant (by law) for passing slower vehicles, regardless of speed relative to the posted speed limit. This should be emphasized more before issuing driver's licenses!In order to solve that āproblem ā the U.S. needs to eliminate all speed limits on the interstate highways except when entering a potentially congested area such as entering city limits. This is the way the roads are on the autobahn (Germany) and autopista (Italy). In those countries vehicles default to the non-hammer lane because they are following the law. In the U.S. we have speed limits and if you are going the speed limit in the left lane you are not violating the law, as those going over the speed limit are. Time to focus on our legislators to change the laws rather than citizens following their laws.
Click your microphone button when you are at a bad spot and say ābug report incorrect speed limitā. I try to do that right after passing a sign in case it also sends any recording back to Tesla. Itās been hit or miss, but a few spots have been corrected.I love that idea. Let us correct the speed for a particular area we frequent by pressing on the sign. With geolocation memory.
I drive in the left lane exclusively, because Iām passing literally everyonethese " the left lane is mine" drivers...
I do that but with very little experience of anything being fixed. I still think we should be able to correct a speed preference for a particular stretch of road that applies only to our car.Click your microphone button when you are at a bad spot and say ābug report incorrect speed limitā. I try to do that right after passing a sign in case it also sends any recording back to Tesla. Itās been hit or miss, but a few spots have been corrected.
They use these electronic speed signs on the PA Turnpike in areas prone to weather effects. Even tho elevation rarely exceeds 3k', the snow/fog effects are real.Cool. What state? Got a picture of one?
I've been expecting the PA pay road system to do math and automatically levy fines for decades now. Ofc making a comfort stop should negate all that. Unless they sensor up the rest areas...I have zero expertise in enforcement but I feel like in 2025 this should be enforced in a more sophisticated way than wasting the time of an officer sitting on the side of the road with a radar gun. I mean, there are drones and cameras that can measure speeds to within a decimal with extreme accuracy and ID the driver better than a human ever could.
There are better uses of @ABILISK ās time.
All the time! On a recent summer expedition to Big Snow, my co-pilot had to dad-out and silence the back seat chatterers multiple times. Kind of like having to exit the Hoth asteroid field in order to send a clear transmission ...Iām not against voice commands, itās just that usually someone else is talking all the time![]()
Not in V14, just change driving modes. Sloth, chill, standard and mad max.You can adjust the speed of the truck with the right scroll wheel to whatever speed you want.