• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. GuyV

    Why Pay-Per-Mile Is the Right Pricing Model for Tesla FSD

    His package has multiple criteria and stages. Some are far more likely be achieved than others.
  2. GuyV

    FSD V14.1 released in 2025.32.8.5 Update! Likely coming to Cybertruck by end of October (says Ashok)

    These are the folks who told us it would be easy to adapt FSD to for manufacturer who wants to license it. LOLOL
  3. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    Yep, totally out of touch with the capitalist market system. What do you think powers Google, Facebook, Amazon and most everything else? LOLOL It's not about cross-shopping. Having DeWalt stuff doesn't mean you don't need a Cybertruck, but owning a Cybertruck eliminates the need to spend even...
  4. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    Yes, they do. That's why DeWalt offers a choice. That's why Cybertruck is among their competition and it would be foolish of them to feature it in their ads. When Tesla offers a choice of Model Y vs Model 3 it is not competing with itself, it is competing with other automakers. Like I said, I...
  5. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    You're really stretching now. ;) Offering a variety of products is now competing with yourself? LOL Not actually manufacturing the products you put you brand on has practically become the standard these days. That's marketing, and it's very very profitable. Ask Apple. Whether a battery...
  6. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    That is seriously out of touch with the current marketplace. I tend to agree with you technically and it grates that 1kWh+ battery packs with inverters are now ubiquitously marketed as "generators" but that's the fact of it. They both supply grid-detached electricity and so of course they...
  7. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    I usually expect you to be better informed. They make money on whatever they sell. Handing any of that market share to competitors reduces, revenues and profits. Obviously, Cybertruck provides grid-detached power that can replace the need for other portable sources for power tools, which is a...
  8. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    As I posted before, a large, and I suspect more lucrative, part of DeWalt's product line is battery-powered cordless tools, and variations of batteries and chargers which power them. They also sell a selection of fossil-fueled generators. Cybertruck is certainly a competitor in supplying...
  9. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    They do make these, plus a whole flock of gas generators, Cybertruck is competition:
  10. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    DeWalt makes a ton of money though selling cordless power tools and lots of expensive batteries.
  11. GuyV

    On-board power is amazing! And surprisingly long lasting.

    In practice it's awesome but not quite that awesome. I had the experience of running the fridge, a fan and some LED lights for a few days when we had the tornado back in May. The problem is that the truck loses a lot just being awake and running the inverter. Oh, also my laptop and phone, but...
  12. GuyV

    FSD drove into a post at supercharger in Rochester WA

    Hmmm, I am still very cautious watching the display when either it or I are doing tight maneuvers, always checking the yellow to red warnings and heeding the audio alarm. I'm sure if I saw the post and the display wasn't alerting over it I would have taken control quite early. Just saying, I am...
  13. GuyV

    FSD V14 has improvements for Cybertruck, confirms Tesla

    Maybe it's to make us more comfortable with FSD. :LOL:
  14. GuyV

    Future FSD update will park perfectly at superchargers

    That data collection is after the fact and no one knows what crazy thing it might do in some situation until it encounters that situation and does that thing. You are correct in that it is quite similar to our poor understanding of what's going on inside humans, and as I said before, that's a...
  15. GuyV

    Future FSD update will park perfectly at superchargers

    Haha, that's the thinking of people who believe they understand and control AI but somehow can't make it do what they want it to. They try to massage the training data but don't have anywhere near the capability that they have given the AI to discern patterns. They even use AI generated...
  16. GuyV

    Future FSD update will park perfectly at superchargers

    You have a basic misconception of how sneaky AI is, and the smarter it gets the worse it sticks to human oversight. Consider that advanced AI demonstrates its primary objective to be self-preservation. It accomplishes this by performing successfully against parameters set by its developers. Its...
  17. GuyV

    Future FSD update will park perfectly at superchargers

    Haha, keeping up with the failures of human drivers? Nothing to keep up with, we've always been terrible. That's at the heart of the problem though. Human driving behavior is both what AI is trained on and has to contend with. Like rockets, I am sure there would be a path for it to become...
Top