• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Issue: screen went blank after 24.2.8 Update. Service Center fix underway

keengg

New member
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
FL
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I had a similar issue last night. At first, I noticed both blind spot cameras went black on the screen, but they are working in sentry mode on my phone. I thought it was the truck software issue.

Then I tried to fix it by holding both scroll buttons to reset the screen. Then the screen went black and unresponsive. I tried many times to reset the screen again. Still black.

I contacted Tesla and they arranged to get my truck towed to the service center. About half an hour later, the screen came back and everything worked fine. All cameras working. All green lights in service mode. It was a strange experience last night.
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
It’s finally fixed. Took them 3 weeks to figure out the TCU needed to be replaced.
 

SteelMyHeart

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
231
Reaction score
243
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Does anyone know if what speed you are going shows up in tesla app if the screen in the truck is down?
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Yea there is a tiny delay (under 1 sec).
 

Great Bay Shark

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
172
Reaction score
81
Location
New Hampshire
Vehicles
2018 M3P
Country flag
SA was able to do a 12v reset to get the screen working but the screen wheel reset would break it agian.
Finally the blank screen was apparently fixed yesterday. I still have no idea on LTE.

Truck is still in service. 20+ days now.

IMG_7933.png
What's with the "customer states" shit? That implies you're just making it up.

I thought only passive aggressive service writers at dealerships used that phrase.
 

Ward L

Well-known member
First Name
Ward
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
218
Reaction score
166
Location
Camarillo, CA
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
I’m planning a road trip next week and this is freeking me out a little. Oh, I’ll just take my old garmin GPS with the speed indicator. That won’t work because there is no cigarette lighter outlet. Always have my phone for directions. I don’t want to get stranded! I’m sure I’ll be just fine and the CT will work just fine!
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
I’m planning a road trip next week and this is freeking me out a little. Oh, I’ll just take my old garmin GPS with the speed indicator. That won’t work because there is no cigarette lighter outlet. Always have my phone for directions. I don’t want to get stranded! I’m sure I’ll be just fine and the CT will work just fine!

It happened after a software update, as long as u don’t do one you should be good.
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
What's with the "customer states" shit? That implies you're just making it up.

I thought only passive aggressive service writers at dealerships used that phrase.

Haha yea but I believe it might be a pre written phrase.
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Oh, this is a little bit of an old thread. I’m already on 2024.8.7. All is well!
Yea, I went to 8.9 yesterday and no issues so far.
 

SentinelOne

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Threads
45
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
716
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m planning a road trip next week and this is freeking me out a little. Oh, I’ll just take my old garmin GPS with the speed indicator. That won’t work because there is no cigarette lighter outlet. Always have my phone for directions. I don’t want to get stranded! I’m sure I’ll be just fine and the CT will work just fine!
usb-c to 12v cig adaptor on amazon - <$20
 

javy06

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model 3 LR 2018, Foundation Series Cyber Truck
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Currently on 2024.8.12 screen started flickering from off to black screen and back and on and on. No soft reset fix. Total bummer that it’s happening. SC has appointment 12 days out ugh!

 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Currently on 2024.8.12 screen started flickering from off to black screen and back and on and on. No soft reset fix. Total bummer that it’s happening. SC has appointment 12 days out ugh!

take it in to any SA, and they will try to do a 12v reset. That should bring it back. You don’t need an appointment for such a critical issue.
 

javy06

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model 3 LR 2018, Foundation Series Cyber Truck
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
take it in to any SA, and they will try to do a 12v reset. That should bring it back. You don’t need an appointment for such a critical issue.
SC said bad touch screen ordered and replaced a new unit. All good now.
 

fgaryamy

Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
May 5, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
46
Reaction score
20
Location
Plano Texas
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD FS, 2023 MY, 2019 Volvo XC
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Updated to 24.2.8.
LTE instantly went out and then I started to drive and 5 min later the screen also went out. Scroll wheel reset didn’t bring anything back.

Took it to Service Center.

They were able to recover the screen after a 12v reset and confirmed that the screen was bootlooping. The LTE was still missing so they did a scroll wheel reset which brought back LTE but lost the screen.

They took the truck in and said 3-5 days to figure out what’s going on.

IMG_7721.jpeg
What did they give you for a loaner?
 
 
Top