• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Screen issue: navigation screen goes blank

murray l

Well-known member
First Name
murray
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
88
Reaction score
31
Location
Florida
Vehicles
tesla y (2)
Country flag
My navigation screen has gone blank numerous times
I’m able to see the location of the CT as the arrow icon is still visible but no maps
If I drag my finger across the screen the maps appear pixelated the disapear
Anyone else experiencing this issue
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Screen issue: navigation screen goes blank IMG_3903
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Screen issue: navigation screen goes blank IMG_3867
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
My navigation screen has gone blank numerous times
I’m able to see the location of the CT as the arrow icon is still visible but no maps
If I drag my finger across the screen the maps appear pixelated the disapear
Anyone else experiencing this issue
IMG_3903.jpeg
IMG_3867.jpeg
Have you tried a screen reboot?
Hold both scroll buttons until it goes black and restarts.
Other possibility is poor cell reception.
 

65SoYoLO

Well-known member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
1,177
Location
Long Island NY
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
yes, it sounds like a connectivity issue.
 

LuckyStrike

Well-known member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
47
Reaction score
42
Location
NC
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Volvo S60, Ford Expedition Max
Country flag
Probably connectivity. I would think it would happen less if you didn’t use the satellite image maps
 

65SoYoLO

Well-known member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
1,177
Location
Long Island NY
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired truck driver
Country flag
Probably connectivity. I would think it would happen less if you didn’t use the satellite image maps
I am on satellite view all the time and I don't really have that issue too often but sometimes, way upstate New York, it did happen for a little bit.
 
OP
OP
murray l

murray l

Well-known member
First Name
murray
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
88
Reaction score
31
Location
Florida
Vehicles
tesla y (2)
Country flag
Have rebooted each time but it’s orb
 
OP
OP
murray l

murray l

Well-known member
First Name
murray
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
88
Reaction score
31
Location
Florida
Vehicles
tesla y (2)
Country flag
I also have a 2023 model Y and never experienced a connectivity issue
 

DJAlan2000

Well-known member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
416
Reaction score
200
Location
Oxnard, CA
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y-LR and our CyberTruck FS
Country flag
I also have a 2023 model Y and never experienced a connectivity issue
I had that happen in my Model Y a few months ago while on a road trip... We would get to some place that didn't have good connectivity and it would just drop out (northern Calif.) until it could find a signal again... then of course it would 'come and go' for a bit...

I found myself stopping at one point (when I had good signal), MOVING the map around and zooming it out until it showed enough for the next few hundred miles... that seemed to do the trick... But make sure you do it both for 'satellite' and 'streets'... So you have both...
 
  • Like
Reactions: REM

yohst

Well-known member
First Name
yohst
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
116
Reaction score
144
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
My navigation screen has gone blank numerous times
I’m able to see the location of the CT as the arrow icon is still visible but no maps
If I drag my finger across the screen the maps appear pixelated the disapear
Anyone else experiencing this issue
Yeah, I am having this issue also. In addition to the screen going blank, the Wh/mi indicator and consumption trend stops updating.

I understand connectivity isn't the same everywhere and dead zones may occur. However, the vehicle should pickup the signal and restore connectivity by itself rather than requiring a two-finger salute (reset). The milage projection and calculation are rather important to me as I am frequently in or driving to remote areas and these displays help me to determine how far I can push the range limit. Funny, the times where I know I was out in the boonies without signal, coming back to the real world the display picked up where it left off just fine. All failures appear to have happened in suburbia where signal strength shouldn't have been an issue.

It may be a software problem but could also be related to (antenna) connectivity (just guessing). To be sure, I took the truck in for service for this - sadly, the SC are a bunch of monkeys having the truck sit in the lot for 1 week now without doing anything with it. (Tesla's customer support can be pleasant but when its bad, it is really bad)
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
Given that SSD storage costs maybe $0.05/GB, I'd like to see the nav perform more caching of the map data. This would be additionally useful for taking a truck to remote places where connectivity is poor.
 
 
Top