neights
Well-known member
- Joined
- May 26, 2020
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 82
- Reaction score
- 74
- Location
- San Diego, CA
- Vehicles
- 2024 CT AWD, 2023 MY LR, 2012 Lotus Evora S, 2006 Yamaha R6 Trackbike
- Occupation
- Architect
I’d pay extra for Electrochromic option!
Has anyone found a decent windshield sun shade that fits well on the CT?
I will take some pictures tomorrow! No problem
I received mine as well. They aren't nearly as convenient as the springform sun shades, and are not a quick to put up option. The quality is top notch though. I also bought the shades for the front and a pillar windows.
Neat. I use a roll-up thermal layer propped up rather than self-supporting so... That looks cool.This one looks interesting. I've never tried an 'umbrella' option. Keeping an eye out for it becoming 'in stock'. https://www.amazon.com/JOYTUTUS-Windshield-Cybertruck-Automotive-Protection/dp/B0D12NKP7Y
I just ordered one windshield from heat shields tore.com. I’ll let you know if it’s worthy!
I'm seriously considering this option. since this windshield is hopefully less prone to shatter.A ceramic heat rejecting tint on the windshield (illegal in some states) works wonders.
Bought it and returned it the next day. It’s an absolute bitch to use. Someone please come up with a solution that does not need all the suction cups and other crap to install.
I think I'm going to try some generic 2-pc sun shades. Even if they are just long enough to be held up by the visors, I think that's good enough. I don't necessarily need the material to cover the entire glass.Good question/thread. I am hoping that one of the snap coil sunshades will work, as the accordion folding hard ones would be problematic to store/maneuver inside the truck. Another interesting aside is, does the sun shade need to fit from the front of the windshield all the way to the top? As long as the majority of the heat is reflected away from the dashboard/interior... Just spitballing, that perhaps a larger standard size sunshade can be propped by the sun visors, and cover 2/3 of the dash.....
Has anyone found a decent windshield sun shade that fits well on the CT?
[/
An unintended consequence of the truck’s design, turns the cabin into a solar oven. There is no satisfactory product on the market to shade the windshield. Tesla hasn’t even attempted to sell a solution.