• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

What is the ideal tire rotation pattern for the CyberTruck (AWD/RearStear)

Ideal Tire Rotation Pattern?


  • Total voters
    23

Cyber Satoshi

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
178
Reaction score
63
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Just wondering if there is an ideal pattern for tire rotations for this vehicle?

Are we going for the X Pattern or Rearward Cross?

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen What is the ideal tire rotation pattern for the CyberTruck (AWD/RearStear) 1729874906268-kf
 

Art138

Well-known member
First Name
Art
Joined
May 25, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
847
Reaction score
520
Location
Weston,Florida
Vehicles
MYP,Ford GT & FS CYBERBEAST
Country flag
Since the ATs are not unidirectional tires then the X mounting rotation makes sense. But unless you have a lift or relying on a tire store to do the rotation you may have to go side by side or fronts to back (and backs to front). Of course if you have access to jack stands and a 3/4 ton rated car jack/or bottle jack you are set.
 

Ruffles

Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
184
Reaction score
226
Location
WA
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
What about rotating in the spare tire? I've got 6k miles on my truck and I'm planning on a rotation but wasn't sure if I should mix in my spare to help extend life of the entire set a smidge or is it not recommended to have 1 tire with more tread than the others?
 

scottf200

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Threads
48
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1,199
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
X; immed family 3 & Y
Country flag
I looked in the manual but didn't see any recommendations so I guess they want you to go with the tire manufacturers recommendations (eg directional or not making the big diff).

Found this interesting warning message that mentions rotation. Likely track the rotation speed diff / delta between the front and rear.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen What is the ideal tire rotation pattern for the CyberTruck (AWD/RearStear) Rotating tire warning
 

scottf200

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Threads
48
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1,199
Location
Western NC
Vehicles
X; immed family 3 & Y
Country flag
What about rotating in the spare tire? I've got 6k miles on my truck and I'm planning on a rotation but wasn't sure if I should mix in my spare to help extend life of the entire set a smidge or is it not recommended to have 1 tire with more tread than the others?
I've done that on new cars until it rotated out again. If your wheel [tire & rim] is the same it's, obviously, less of a hassle and cost less $.
 
Last edited:

Ruffles

Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
184
Reaction score
226
Location
WA
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I ordered the Tesla spare with my voucher so it should come with a matching wheel. I guess if you rotate often, the difference in tread for the 1 tire that is out of rotation should be small enough to not matter.
 

FarAway

Well-known member
First Name
I.
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
57
Messages
660
Reaction score
463
Location
Central Virginia
Vehicles
TVR, Jeep Jk Sahara, Audi Q7, FS CyberBeast
Country flag
Rearward cross with a spare.

With a spare tire, one could rotate tires like this.

The good news, it is easy to do with only one jack (if you do it yourself) and theoretically you can get 25% more tire life.

The big question is when you need new tires, do you buy 5 and keep a spare that can be rotated in or just buy 4 and stop rotating the spare in all together?

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen What is the ideal tire rotation pattern for the CyberTruck (AWD/RearStear) 1731245744298-w1
 

Guylouis

Well-known member
First Name
Guy
Joined
Dec 18, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
486
Reaction score
422
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
I’m at 7500 miles and already at tread wear 5/32


I rotated at 3500 miles
 
 
Top