• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tire rotation necessary for Cybertruck?

Taildragger

Active member
First Name
Tim
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
40
Reaction score
25
Location
19465
Vehicles
M3, MY, CT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had an absolutely amazing experience today. I called my local tire company and ask them if they rotated tires on Tesla cyber truck. She said that they had never done one, but I could stop by and they would take a look at it. When I showed up, there were four guys with four jacks. They looked under the CT and immediately found the stamped metal area that said it was a jack point they had it jacked up in five minutes, and the tires rotated in five minutes for a total of 10 minutes. I asked the lady how much I owed her and she said "you're one of our customers aren't you" and I said "yes, I buy all my tires here". She said the rotation was free!! That was the best, fastest rotation I've ever seen.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Tire rotation necessary for Cybertruck? IMG_0794
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
I had an absolutely amazing experience today. I called my local tire company and ask them if they rotated tires on Tesla cyber truck. She said that they had never done one, but I could stop by and they would take a look at it. When I showed up, there were four guys with four jacks. They looked under the CT and immediately found the stamped metal area that said it was a jack point they had it jacked up in five minutes, and the tires rotated in five minutes for a total of 10 minutes. I asked the lady how much I owed her and she said "you're one of our customers aren't you" and I said "yes, I buy all my tires here". She said the rotation was free!! That was the best, fastest rotation I've ever seen.

IMG_0794.webp
It sounds like using four jacks, one on each corner, might have been adequate protection for not knowing the truck has a Jack Mode.

If taking your Cybertruck to a shop unfamiliar with the vehicle, remember to tell them about Jack Mode in the Service Menu (to prevent the auto-leveling from doing something unwanted).
 

Kengineer

Well-known member
First Name
Kiwan
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
95
Reaction score
70
Location
Huntsville al
Vehicles
Foundation cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was at Tesla service few months ago and requested tire change along with the wing panel recall. I was told it was wearing even and didn’t require a rotation at this time. I had about 15k and never had a tire rotation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mal

kpanda17

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 8, 2023
Threads
17
Messages
608
Reaction score
346
Location
USA
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
I was at Tesla service few months ago and requested tire change along with the wing panel recall. I was told it was wearing even and didn’t require a rotation at this time. I had about 15k and never had a tire rotation.
yes, can happen
we have 4 wheel steering, the rears could be wearing the similar amount to the fronts
with 2 wheel steering, only the fronts wear faster, hence the reason or the rotation
4 wheel steering, no need to rotate is being debated here
 
 
Top