• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Steering reversion with 2025.20.6 update?

Mal

Well-known member
First Name
Mal
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
24
Messages
459
Reaction score
680
Location
WA
Vehicles
'24 CB "Rocinante"
Country flag
I was just doing some slow speed maneuvering in tight spaces, and noticed that I was steering with two fingers again. I'm running 2025.20.6 - did they revert the steering changes they made a few weeks ago? Seems like it went back to golf cart mode, which I much prefer anyway.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed.
 

Hammy60

Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
48
Reaction score
37
Location
Carmel, Indiana
Website
x.com
Vehicles
CT AWD, MS, M3
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
You know this is user configurable right?

The weight of the Cybertruck steering wheel, or yoke, isn't publicly specified. However, it's known that Tesla allows users to adjust the steering "weight," or the effort required to turn it, through the touchscreen. This adjustment is available in the "Pedals & Steering" settings. The Cybertruck uses steer-by-wire technology, meaning there is no physical connection between the steering wheel and the wheels. Instead, sensors and actuators manage the steering input.
 
OP
OP
Mal

Mal

Well-known member
First Name
Mal
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Threads
24
Messages
459
Reaction score
680
Location
WA
Vehicles
'24 CB "Rocinante"
Country flag
You know this is user configurable right?
I did not! I'll have to take a look for these settings, as I haven't come across them. (Edit: the only controls I see are to set Ride & Handling to Relaxed or Focused. So, please let me know where to find what you're talking about)

I'm specifically referencing the perceived change in steering sensitivity and force that was brought about in 2025.8.4, a few months ago. There were a number of threads about it here. It feels, to me, like they may have loosened it back up in 2025.20.6 (which I got a few days ago).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: REM

Hammy60

Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
48
Reaction score
37
Location
Carmel, Indiana
Website
x.com
Vehicles
CT AWD, MS, M3
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
Welp. I lied to you. Those settings are in my S and 3 but not the truck! Go figure. I imagine relaxed vs focused in the truck effects yoke “weight”, but I could be wrong again. Sorry!
 
 
Top