• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Running Blizzak or Nokian winter / snow tires yet?

kevdogsab

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
37
Reaction score
44
Location
Guilford, VT
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
anyone have any thoughts on the winter tires tesla includes with their winter package compared to blizzak or nokians?
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT 285/65R20 127S
 

RickJ19Zeta8

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
97
Reaction score
176
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck (soon_TM), Model 3
Country flag
anyone have any thoughts on the winter tires tesla includes with their winter package compared to blizzak or nokians?
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT 285/65R20 127S
I had the Duratrac winter package put on last Saturday. Took 30 minutes at the Tesla service center, and they put my AT wheels and tires in the bed.

The Duratracs are louder on the road, with pronounced tire noise. They have less grip overall and a lot less lateral grip on the road. They are a chonky tread block tire and the very little I've driven off road with them.... they are much better.

No snow yet in Wisconsin, but I only expect the Duratracs to be a halfway better snow tire compared to the AT tires. The amount of siping is ok, but no where close to a dedicated snow. For normal commuting / driving / all-around tire package, the AT OEM tires are awesome. For more offroad biased driving, pick the Duratracs. If you need maximum snow performance, get a snow tire.
 

kevdogsab

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
37
Reaction score
44
Location
Guilford, VT
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I had the Duratrac winter package put on last Saturday. Took 30 minutes at the Tesla service center, and they put my AT wheels and tires in the bed.

The Duratracs are louder on the road, with pronounced tire noise. They have less grip overall and a lot less lateral grip on the road. They are a chonky tread block tire and the very little I've driven off road with them.... they are much better.

No snow yet in Wisconsin, but I only expect the Duratracs to be a halfway better snow tire compared to the AT tires. The amount of siping is ok, but no where close to a dedicated snow. For normal commuting / driving / all-around tire package, the AT OEM tires are awesome. For more offroad biased driving, pick the Duratracs. If you need maximum snow performance, get a snow tire.
the duratrac wranglers that come with the tesla winter package are a winter snow tire. The OEM tires are not. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
 
OP
OP

Broski

Well-known member
First Name
Broski
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
196
Reaction score
62
Location
Pacific NW
Vehicles
Model 3, Cyberbeast, TRX, GX460
Country flag
the duratrac wranglers that come with the tesla winter package are a winter snow tire. The OEM tires are not. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
That is incorrect, even though it is a three peak rated tire. It is not a winter rated snow tire with a much softer compound like Blizzak or Nokian.
 

kevdogsab

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
37
Reaction score
44
Location
Guilford, VT
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
That is incorrect, even though it is a three peak rated tire. It is not a winter rated snow tire with a much softer compound like Blizzak or Nokian.
I do not see blizzak or nokian snow tires that fit the cybertruck 20" wheels. I still show the duratrac wranglers (different from the straight duratrac) tires as being snow "winter" tires. What am I missing, lol?
 
OP
OP

Broski

Well-known member
First Name
Broski
Joined
Aug 5, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
196
Reaction score
62
Location
Pacific NW
Vehicles
Model 3, Cyberbeast, TRX, GX460
Country flag
I do not see blizzak or nokian snow tires that fit the cybertruck 20" wheels. I still show the duratrac wranglers (different from the straight duratrac) tires as being snow "winter" tires. What am I missing, lol?
It’s not an exact fit - you have to go down to a 275 tire it’s a touch smaller but it will fit the stock 20 inch rims- ends up being a 34 inch tire instead of 35
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Running Blizzak or Nokian winter / snow tires yet? IMG_6500
 

kevdogsab

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
37
Reaction score
44
Location
Guilford, VT
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
It’s not an exact fit - you have to go down to a 275 tire it’s a touch smaller but it will fit the stock 20 inch rims- ends up being a 34 inch tire instead of 35
IMG_6500.jpeg
ok thanks for the information.
after doing some quick research it looks like the blizzaks are better in ice and the nokians are better in snow.

i think i'm going with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT 3 non studded for my vermont winters. I also got the snow chains from the tesla store as part of my $2500 store credit package. I think i should be good.

Since I'll be driving less than 50 miles away from my house usually with the truck, the nokians seem to make sense. The duratracs aren't as loud for longer trips though. Is that the consensus?
 

MyOtherTruck

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
248
Reaction score
290
Location
Vermont
Vehicles
2020 G63, 2022 V60 Polestar, Ford F250HD, Cybrtrck
Country flag
Does anyone have a picture with the smaller blizzaks installed?
i might run the Duratracs 3 seasons and a blizzaks set in winter....
 

Tommytuna

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
66
Reaction score
8
Location
Toronto, ON
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Anyone have updated efficiency numbers after putting on the Blizzaks or Nokian's? Curious what the hit will be over OEM ATs
 

kevdogsab

Active member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
37
Reaction score
44
Location
Guilford, VT
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
anyone have pics of Nokian LT3s on stock 20" wheels? They are a slightly different size and I want to make sure they fit on the rim before I order them. Thanks!
 

trentsize

Well-known member
First Name
Trent
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
148
Reaction score
144
Location
West Yellowstone, Montana
Website
www.trentsizemore.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model 3 LR
Occupation
Wildlife Photographer
Country flag
anyone have pics of Nokian LT3s on stock 20" wheels? They are a slightly different size and I want to make sure they fit on the rim before I order them. Thanks!
I am getting them installed next week, will share some info and photos driving back up to snowy Montana.
 

bonedoc

Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Factory offset is +56. I see someone is running + 20 offset. Can anyone opine on how much the offset matters and what will be acceptable?
 

trentsize

Well-known member
First Name
Trent
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
148
Reaction score
144
Location
West Yellowstone, Montana
Website
www.trentsizemore.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model 3 LR
Occupation
Wildlife Photographer
Country flag
How did it go?
Got 480Wh/mi on the road trip home with Blizzak LT winter tires. Traveled between SLC and West Yellowstone, 35°F start 24°F end, 2200’ elevation gain, and no wheel covers. This includes preconditioning for two supercharger stops. It was a little windy, from varying directions.

This equates to roughly a 256 mile range at a relatively fast highway speed, assuming use of the entire 123kW battery. Most of the trip was 70-80mph speed limit, last 100 miles was 65mph.

Zero critical FSD disengagements over 350 miles. Very minor issues with lane choice and speed. So much smoother than my Model 3 Is currently.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Running Blizzak or Nokian winter / snow tires yet? IMG_1749
 
 
Top