• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Puff of air sound - suspension issue?

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks that every once in a while, we will hear what sounds like a loud puff of air coming from what I think is the suspension.

Has anyone else experienced this?
 

neights

Well-known member
Joined
May 26, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
82
Reaction score
74
Location
San Diego, CA
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 2023 MY LR, 2012 Lotus Evora S, 2006 Yamaha R6 Trackbike
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Yes, seems like an auto purge function, haven’t seen any negative effects or warnings.
 
OP
OP
Killlbox

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
Yes, seems like an auto purge function, haven’t seen any negative effects or warnings.
Thanks! I figured this was normal but wasn’t sure.
 

UberNoob

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
557
Reaction score
496
Location
Florida
Vehicles
CyberBeast & M3P
Occupation
Desktop Security Engineer
Country flag
This is normal, I was thinking it was the air compressor topping off the reserve tank and shutting off which releases the pressure off the compressor.
 

Mchrist2870

Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Jul 27, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Model S Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if it is like how air brake systems on trucks purge air every now and then to release moisture accumulated from compressor?
 

CT_AZ_4x4

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
May 22, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
644
Reaction score
577
Location
Scottsdale, AZ
Vehicles
AWD CT
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
This would be my guess.
I told a service tech about this and he was extremely skeptical. I began to wonder if I imagined it, then I heard it again: a sudden but brief escape of air pressure, with a distinctive “hiss!” sound. Good to know that others are hearing this same thing.
 

TexsyBeast

Member
First Name
Jeremiah
Joined
May 14, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
Camas, WA.
Website
www.agentjeremiah.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
State Farm Agent
Country flag
Mine started popping like a rapid release of air. Just started today different than the release when you lower the truck.
 
OP
OP
Killlbox

Killlbox

Well-known member
First Name
Stacy
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
420
Reaction score
231
Location
Cheyenne, Wy
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, Model Y
Occupation
I do what I want
Country flag
Mine started popping like a rapid release of air. Just started today different than the release when you lower the truck.
Yeah, ours started it about 7 months of ownership. It only happens every few weeks for me.
 

btcrealm

Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
616
Reaction score
385
Location
Virginia-ish, USA
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
NOC
Country flag
Happens off and on for me. A lot more when wheeling.
Its built up air pressure from somewhere between the air suspension and the air compressor. The smoother the ride the less it will happen. The suspension is trying to compensate for uneven surfaces and keep the vehicle level.

I've heard it since I bought it back in August.
 

Cyberfamily

Member
First Name
Becky
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
Alpena, MI
Vehicles
Tesla 3 AWD, AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Check in the service menu. This showed up on mine a month ago. Going in soon.
Adding. It didn't show up in alerts. I went into the service menu. I heard it start and run often at the beginning of daily drives.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Puff of air sound - suspension issue? PXL_20250505_235029848.RAW-01.COVER
 
 
Top