• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Phantom vehicle glitch in CT

Mattsplat

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Sep 25, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
90
Reaction score
48
Location
Utah
Vehicles
None
Country flag
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #1
Is anyone else getting this? Whenever I back up I get a phantom car behind the CT. There is nothing there but it shows I am going to hit another car. This isn't helpful at all. It makes the traffic awareness view useless. Not the end of the world but it makes backing up stressful because I always feel that maybe I am missing something and I second guess my own eyes in the back up cam. In the picture, the car right behind me on the left is real but just depicted way closer than it really was. The one almost directly behind me is the ghost car I almost always get.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Phantom vehicle glitch in CT 20240510_081627
 

javy06

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Model 3 LR 2018, Foundation Series Cyber Truck
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I’ve had that issue but it’s always a semi.
 

Cyber_P

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
189
Reaction score
146
Location
Alabama
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I think they haven't tweaked the software for CT positions yet so everything is wonky.

I see numerous cars on regular occasions in parking garages as if I'm crashing through them when leaving work. Or other lots.
 
OP
OP

Mattsplat

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Sep 25, 2020
Threads
6
Messages
90
Reaction score
48
Location
Utah
Vehicles
None
Country flag
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #5
I think they haven't tweaked the software for CT positions yet so everything is wonky.

I see numerous cars on regular occasions in parking garages as if I'm crashing through them when leaving work. Or other lots.
Yep. Same here. The positions don't seem accurate either.
 

Pulaski

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
236
Reaction score
241
Location
Minnesota
Vehicles
Ram 5500(2021), F-450(2014), Chevy Colorado(2022), FS CB
Country flag
Yep, seeing the same thing.
 
 
Top