• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Moisture inside window after car wash - faulty window seals?

OP
OP
DAE1

DAE1

Well-known member
First Name
DAE1
Joined
Aug 12, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
239
Reaction score
145
Location
Southern California
Vehicles
CyberBeast & Model S 85D
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To close this out, Tesla says the moisture inside the window is normal so long as it’s not beyond the inner edge of the seals, which are inset. They did some sort of water ingress test with a pressure washer to ensure it met their specs.
 

rrowbs

Active member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Dec 29, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
Location
sioux Falls, SD
Vehicles
Foundation Cyber Beast
Country flag
Anyone have any fixes for this? Mine has been doing this since the day I first washed it.
 

CTofLosGatos

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
101
Reaction score
48
Location
USA
Vehicles
M3LR, Audi S5, CT
Occupation
beautifulcycles.com
Country flag
Anyone have any fixes for this? Mine has been doing this since the day I first washed it.
I went to SC to get it checked and in Sunnyvale the team is really good. They did the whole water test and found nothing. Then they asked me if I use hose to clean my car, to which I replied. They mentioned that pressure cleaning the car may lead to water seeping in. During rain I don’t see any water come inside so I guess it makes sense.
 

rrowbs

Active member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Dec 29, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
Location
sioux Falls, SD
Vehicles
Foundation Cyber Beast
Country flag
I went to SC to get it checked and in Sunnyvale the team is really good. They did the whole water test and found nothing. Then they asked me if I use hose to clean my car, to which I replied. They mentioned that pressure cleaning the car may lead to water seeping in. During rain I don’t see any water come inside so I guess it makes sense.
Sounds good, thanks. I’ll pay attention if it does this in the rain.
 
 
Top