• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Is anyone else getting twitchy steering on FSD 13.2.1?

AnxiousInMO

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
St. Charles, MO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model Y Performance
Country flag
Have had FSD 13.2.1 on my Cyber Beast for two days so far.

The first day I tried it on a few drives and behavior was as everyone has described, until for some reason the steering just became very twitchy. It was constantly doing jerky corrections while driving down a straight clear road, 40 mph in Hurry mode, like it was driving through an imaginary minefield. I reported it then rebooted, cleaned the cameras and recalibrated, after which that behavior went away.

Then the same thing happened again today... It worked fine for most of the drive then just suddenly started twitchy over correcting, this time at 65 mph on an interstate. This did not feel safe at all. I disengaged and reengaged a couple times with the same behavior. I did notice the second time that the on-screen visualization was also very unstable with lane line dancing more than usual and other vehicles shown as changing directions (I did not pay attention to this the first time). After getting off the highway and traveling awhile, the screen stabilized and it behaved normally when I reengaged FSD.

Not sure what is causing this. Possible thoughts:
1) As both events occured at roughly the same time of day (around noon), traveling west the first day and east the second day, it could be a sun-angle issue with the cams? More data collection required, like does it go away if I change directions.
2) Possibly a loose camera somewhere? I need to drive the same sections of road again to see if the behavior repeats.
3) Other software bug (in which case someone else should have observed this).

Will try to get a video if it happens again.
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
yeah, A video would give a better idea. If it's a 'spastic' type twitchy, I would make a service appointment.
 

REM

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
2,857
Reaction score
2,662
Location
NC
Vehicles
2020 Model 3 Standard Range++ & Diet Cybertruck, Dual Motor
Occupation
Professional Retard
Country flag
I got this issue after the update to 13.2.2 :cautious:

I'll give it another drive to fix itself before resorting to a camera calibration.
 
OP
OP

AnxiousInMO

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Location
St. Charles, MO
Vehicles
CyberBeast, Model Y Performance
Country flag
Has now occurred multiple times. I did capture some video and requested a service appointment to assess the front facing cameras.
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
FSD is an odd duck. In my lowly Ford Maverick, it would nudge the wheel to keep me from accidentally crossing a line. But, Fluffy just screams at me... Beep! Beep! Beep! I know the capability exists to have FSD always watching but why doesn't it already nudge you to center of lane?
 
 
Top