Speaking from the trenches, You have to learn to separate your eyes like a chameleon so one can keep an eye on one kid each, so many distractions. Both of my Kids are 8, so I don't know how many more years I have left before the "Magic" disappears and they realize it's some 18 year old making minimum wage under that giant head. We've done lego land many times too, it's also super fun, but this is another level, some of the rides are outrageous and I got to geek out and see the CT's grandfather from back to the future. Today we head to Disney and make custom light sabers - the dark side is strong with me. lol We shall return to DefCon level 2 bacon memes next week.So far we have chickened out of the Disney and universal thing. Our kids are 7, 5 and 18 months so we do LEGOLAND which somehow feels less intimidating.
You and your expert grokking will be missed until you return but sounds like you’re in parenting nam right now. Focus. You got this. You just need to get everyone home safely and then pay the credit card bill over the next year and a half or so.![]()
Yeah I’m terrified of that. I AirTag my kids.Speaking from the trenches, You have to learn to separate your eyes like a chameleon so one can keep an eye on one kid each, so many distractions. Both of my Kids are 8, so I don't know how many more years I have left before the "Magic" disappears and they realize it's some 18 year old making minimum wage under that giant head. We've done lego land many times too, it's also super fun, but this is another level, some of the rides are outrageous and I got to geek out and see the CT's grandfather from back to the future. Today we head to Disney and make custom light sabers - the dark side is strong with me. lol We shall return to DefCon level 2 bacon memes next week.
Did you read the fine print? I did. It doesn’t appear to come with the chick or the puppy.![]()
Have you tried this set up? Looks like it would work well.
You could cut it in half and add hinges so it could fold up.@CyberTrk
I put the other two legs on and use as a low table. During my last trip, I left it in place while driving. It takes almost no space.
It doesn't fit in the frunk, as I maximized the size. If you don't mind a smaller sleeping surface, a frunk size probably could be made.
During entry. I leave the truck in a lower position. I sit in the seat, remove shoes and store in the door, slide in and shut the door. Reverse to exit. No steps required.
Agree with the tilting in the back seat. Thats why I use the board and l foam+legs. Level is key.I haven't tried sleeping semi-upright in the front passenger seat: how did that work out for you?
I have one and use it for my dog. The netting in the middle comes down and you don't have to use the ends by the doors -- I fold them under. Haven't laid on it but it should support human weight. It folds up for storage.![]()
Have you tried this set up? Looks like it would work well.
Genius. Basically cut inverse seat molds out of a memory foam mattress.In the past I just used some towels to fill the voids in the bucket seats and put a sleeping pad over it. My 8 year old daughter slept back there; no complaints.
What I really want to do is make foam molds to sit in the bucket seats and just lay a sleeping pad over it. The molds should be pretty easy to stow under the seats when not in use.