• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD stopped working after an unsuccessful update

Oscar

Well-known member
First Name
Charlie
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
92
Reaction score
44
Location
Katonah, NY
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The update to FSD v14.2.2.1 was not successful yesterday in an underground parking garage( downloaded before left home). FSD stopped working since then and there is no another attempt to update. Anyone had similar experience and what is the solution besides going to service center?
 

UberNoob

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
557
Reaction score
496
Location
Florida
Vehicles
CyberBeast & M3P
Occupation
Desktop Security Engineer
Country flag
Not had this issue myself. But I once read here on this forum that one could go into service mode and reinstall the update. I would attempt that in a safe place such as home in the driveway. A place where in the event it bricks, a tow truck could easily get to it. Better safe than sorry.
 
OP
OP

Oscar

Well-known member
First Name
Charlie
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
92
Reaction score
44
Location
Katonah, NY
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After rebooted twice, FSD still doesn’t work. So I scheduled an appointment and explained the problem. Surprisingly, it started working a few hours later when I drive the car. Guess Tesla did something remotely and fixed the glitch.
 

koolio

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
826
Reaction score
519
Location
Greater Boston, MA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2024 Model 3 (former: 2020 Model Y)
Country flag
Not had this issue myself. But I once read here on this forum that one could go into service mode and reinstall the update. I would attempt that in a safe place such as home in the driveway. A place where in the event it bricks, a tow truck could easily get to it. Better safe than sorry.
FYI, when doing this, there are two options (think they are 3 letter acronyms) but I don’t remember which one is the right choice (I did this back in February this past year for a different reason)….
 
 
Top