• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Cybertruck Light Bar Flew Off on the Freeway – Need Advice

TJCJr9999

Well-known member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
101
Reaction score
79
Location
Endicott NY
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I’m driving down the freeway with my family, and the light bar I just had installed on my Cybertruck flew off while we were on the road.

I had this installed about a month ago. It was supposed to be the new and improved installation method, but clearly something went wrong.

Does anyone know how I can rewire or secure it better so I can safely drive it to a service center?

IMG_0703.webp


IMG_0701.webp


IMG_0700.webp
I'm on my 2nd one, first one flow off just like yours and ripped the wire completly off, which you can probable do by just cutting the wires and make sure they are NOT shorted. Service told me they use windshield adhesive now and my 2nd one is still on and pasted the 100 mph test, so we'll see..........
 

Jasden

Active member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Jun 9, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
36
Reaction score
59
Location
Tampa
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck Cyberbeast, 2021 Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Honest question for anyone who is having issues with the light bar detaching. Has anyone treated their windshield with any products at all like Rain-X or any type of ceramic coatings before having the light bar installed? I’m wondering if window treatments can affect the bonding of the adhesive in any way. Any extra info on type of window products used before installation or patterns we can track could help with other owners.

I held off on coating my windows with any chemicals before having my light bar installed about 2 months ago. I haven’t had any problems with separations. I also live in Florida with very warm weather, no cold weather testing for me yet.
 

dalton108

Well-known member
First Name
Dalton
Joined
Oct 17, 2020
Threads
92
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
2,983
Location
USA
Vehicles
‘24 FS/CB; ‘24 MX; ‘23 MS PLAID (Prior: ‘20-MY; ‘21-M3P) (Also: ‘14-FJ; ‘21-C8)
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
Honest question for anyone who is having issues with the light bar detaching. Has anyone treated their windshield with any products at all like Rain-X or any type of ceramic coatings before having the light bar installed? I’m wondering if window treatments can affect the bonding of the adhesive in any way. Any extra info on type of window products used before installation or patterns we can track could help with other owners.

I held off on coating my windows with any chemicals before having my light bar installed about 2 months ago. I haven’t had any problems with separations. I also live in Florida with very warm weather, no cold weather testing for me yet.
No. I held off on doing a ceramic or anything else to my windshield until my light bar got installed. It’s still began detaching after a couple of months. Second install has been fine.

Tesla is going to strip anything from the windshield before they attempt to install so I don’t think this is a factor in any detachments that we’ve seen. Also, I also really don’t think that anybody here is dumb enough to not realize that coating the windshield would interfere with adhesion.
 

JCERRN

Well-known member
First Name
J
Joined
May 3, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
953
Reaction score
723
Location
Around
Vehicles
Yeah
Country flag
Don’t know about the light shows but I find the ditch lights pretty useful on gravel. It’s like you widen your headlight beam a fair amount. Agree about the floods. Not super useful unless you’re trying to stop an animal in its tracks or something.
Not something I do but I’m sure there are people out there who might.
I checked. Light bar has a function during light shows. Worth checking out!
 
Last edited:
 
Top