• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Cheap ~$2 to fix the “hot” top glass.

MyFirstElectricTesla

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
58
Messages
436
Reaction score
197
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I got windshield and all around tinted but the shop refused to do the top glass. Asked around they quoted more than $500 because it’s very hard to do.

So I bought gift wrap from Dollar Tree for around $2 and cut then taped on the screen. We’ll go to Vegas tomorrow to see if it helps.

Here is the picture before hanging it back up:
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Cheap ~$2 to fix the “hot” top glass. IMG_1056
 

Celiboy

Well-known member
First Name
Marcel
Joined
May 3, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
583
Reaction score
444
Location
Clovis, California
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I’m confused. Your truck didn’t come with the sun shade for the top window or is that what you’re wrapping paper is attached to? ?
 

Lasttoy

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
470
Reaction score
156
Location
St Augustine, FL
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I cut windshield shade to fit. Used Velcro to hold it so I can take it down in winter. $15
 
 
Top