- First Name
- Chad
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2024
- Threads
- 5
- Messages
- 507
- Reaction score
- 524
- Location
- Massachusetts
- Vehicles
- 2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
- Occupation
- Software Architect
- Thread starter
- Banned
- #1
Explanation on why the hold is in place.
Just pried on my accelerator pedal cover and find it to be extremely secure. Photo to prove I am an owner.Explanation on why the hold is in place.
Ditto. Thankfully. (Feb build)Just pried on my accelerator pedal cover and find it to be extremely secure. Photo to prove I am an owner.
![]()
I tried to remove the cover and couldn't. Mine is 03/24 build.Ditto. Thankfully. (Feb build)
There were two large recalls for Lightnings. One was a battery failure and one was a wiper failure. Both of them required a day at the shop and new parts. I put 15k miles on my truck and never had an issue. It doesn't mean it wasn't looming.Just pried on my accelerator pedal cover and find it to be extremely secure. Photo to prove I am an owner.
![]()
What's your build date/VIN range?I popped mine off without trouble. Only held on there by two plastic clips. For now, I’ll just drive without the cover.
If yours is secure like some are reporting, I wouldn’t worry about it at all. Just be aware and also keep in mind that you can press the brake pedal to override the accelerator.
![]()
![]()
You sure they're single piece? Either of them?why the f did they not go with single piece pedals brushed aluminum like model 3 performance and every BMW ///M
what is the point of the cheap pedal cover?
Penny wise, pound foolish
I don’t remember if my bmw pedals were screwed in or what.You sure they're single piece? Either of them?
My VIN range is in the 1200’s.What's your build date/VIN range?