• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

KSR Inc. and pedal assembly recall

cybercoffee

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
283
Reaction score
164
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
I was reading the NHTSA pdf of the recall and I noticed the accelerator pedal assembly is listed as being made by a company called KSR, Inc., based in Canada. Not being in the field myself, I had to google, and I learned the company makes a variety of pedal assemblies, including both floor mount and hanging accelerators. They have been around for the better part of a century, and there was a high profile legal case regarding (I think) a drive by wire system they designed. This may all be common knowledge to someone in the auto industry, but it was news to me.

I don't know what the design process looks like for this sort of small auto part, but I find it interesting that public sentiment and the media seem to be blaming Tesla when the part in question is likely wholly designed and supplied by a third-party company. I acknowledge that it was stated on the NHTSA recall that an unapproved lubricant was used at some point during the installation or truck manufacturing process, and that may be totally on Tesla. Still, the cries of "Tesla has no idea what they're doing, it's a bad design, they reinvented the wheel poorly, look at the two little triangular tabs" seem to be misplaced. It makes me wonder if any KSR-supplied floor-mounted accelerators have had a similar issue.
 

AnthonyJ

Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
96
Reaction score
29
Location
Naples
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
The actual pedal assembly, cover pad and specification are designed by Tesla. KSR introduced lubricant in order before sliding the covers on because employees were having a hard time getting the cover onto the assembly. KSR is now in trouble, and is required to rivet the covers onto the pedal before shipping out the pedal assembly
 
 
Top