• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

20" Tsportline Lightweight Wheels + KO2 Tires Less Efficient by 11% (vs. Stock)

Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
32
Location
Leesburg, VA
Vehicles
2020 Y Performance & 2022 Y Performance
Country flag
Today I installed a set of four wheels and tires from Tsportline, and this post summarizes an efficiency comparison I just performed vs. the stock wheels and tires.

What I Bought
  • Tsportline 20" Fully Forged Lightweight Wheels (31.8 pounds)
  • BF Goodrich KO3 Tires (285/65/R20) [note: stock tires are 285/60/R20]
https://tsportline.com/collections/...tweight-tesla-wheel-and-tire-package-set-of-4

The Efficiency Test I Performed
  • I drove 36 highway miles from Leesburg, VA to Blumont, VA and back at approximately 65 mph.
  • I first did this route with the stock wheels and tires that came with my Cyberbeast and no aero covers, and then I repeated it with the new wheels/tires.
The Results
  • The new wheels/tires (415 wh/mi) are less efficient by 11% relative to the wheels/tires that come with the Cybertruck (375 wh/mi).
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen 20" Tsportline Lightweight Wheels + KO2 Tires Less Efficient by 11% (vs. Stock) Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 2.41.11 PM


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen 20" Tsportline Lightweight Wheels + KO2 Tires Less Efficient by 11% (vs. Stock) IMG_0037


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen 20" Tsportline Lightweight Wheels + KO2 Tires Less Efficient by 11% (vs. Stock) IMG_0059


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen 20" Tsportline Lightweight Wheels + KO2 Tires Less Efficient by 11% (vs. Stock) 1000003196-
 

Cyberus

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2024
Threads
46
Messages
223
Reaction score
287
Location
California
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Today I installed a set of four wheels and tires from Tsportline, and this post summarizes an efficiency comparison I just performed vs. the stock wheels and tires.

What I Bought
  • Tsportline 20" Fully Forged Lightweight Wheels (31.8 pounds)
  • BF Goodrich KO3 Tires (285/65/R20)
https://tsportline.com/collections/...tweight-tesla-wheel-and-tire-package-set-of-4

The Efficiency Test I Performed
  • I drove 36 highway miles from Leesburg, VA to Blumont, VA and back at approximately 65 mph.
  • I first did this route with the stock wheels and tires that came with my Cyberbeast and no aero covers, and then I repeated it with the new wheels/tires.
The Results
  • The new wheels/tires (415 wh/mi) are less efficient by 11% relative to the wheels/tires that come with the Cybertruck (375 wh/mi).
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 2.41.11 PM.jpg


IMG_0037.jpg


IMG_0059.jpg
Swapped for a true AT Tire 1500 miles ago, and my avg increase is only around 20 wh/mi. Give it some time.
 
OP
OP
NorthernVirginiaCT
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
32
Location
Leesburg, VA
Vehicles
2020 Y Performance & 2022 Y Performance
Country flag
I wonder how much is the tire and how much is the wheel.
It's, $5,995 right now for the wheel/tire package after the current $500 off promotion, and the wheels themselves are $3,695 after the same promotion.

Therefore, the wheel portion of the cost is $3,695, and the tire portion is $2,300.
 

RoboTaxi

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
489
Reaction score
265
Location
Kansas
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
I might have went with the white letters facing out ?
 

Speedr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
449
Reaction score
529
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Today I installed a set of four wheels and tires from Tsportline, and this post summarizes an efficiency comparison I just performed vs. the stock wheels and tires.

What I Bought
  • Tsportline 20" Fully Forged Lightweight Wheels (31.8 pounds)
  • BF Goodrich KO3 Tires (285/65/R20)
https://tsportline.com/collections/...tweight-tesla-wheel-and-tire-package-set-of-4

The Efficiency Test I Performed
  • I drove 36 highway miles from Leesburg, VA to Blumont, VA and back at approximately 65 mph.
  • I first did this route with the stock wheels and tires that came with my Cyberbeast and no aero covers, and then I repeated it with the new wheels/tires.
The Results
  • The new wheels/tires (415 wh/mi) are less efficient by 11% relative to the wheels/tires that come with the Cybertruck (375 wh/mi).
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 2.41.11 PM.jpg


IMG_0037.jpg


IMG_0059.jpg
Thanks for doing this! It's in line with what I expected, and is not bad considering.

BTW, can you include a full side view of your truck with its new shoes?
 

Gundo

Well-known member
First Name
Gundo
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
203
Reaction score
253
Location
Connecticut
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
What is wheel circumference of each?
Looks like BFG TA is smaller by a decent margin.
Without adjusting for this, couldn't efficiency numbers be off?
 

Ri22

Well-known member
First Name
George
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
90
Reaction score
95
Location
Land of Entrapment
Vehicles
M3 CT
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag
Today I installed a set of four wheels and tires from Tsportline, and this post summarizes an efficiency comparison I just performed vs. the stock wheels and tires.

What I Bought
  • Tsportline 20" Fully Forged Lightweight Wheels (31.8 pounds)
  • BF Goodrich KO3 Tires (285/65/R20)
https://tsportline.com/collections/...tweight-tesla-wheel-and-tire-package-set-of-4

The Efficiency Test I Performed
  • I drove 36 highway miles from Leesburg, VA to Blumont, VA and back at approximately 65 mph.
  • I first did this route with the stock wheels and tires that came with my Cyberbeast and no aero covers, and then I repeated it with the new wheels/tires.
The Results
  • The new wheels/tires (415 wh/mi) are less efficient by 11% relative to the wheels/tires that come with the Cybertruck (375 wh/mi).
Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 2.41.11 PM.jpg


IMG_0037.jpg


IMG_0059.jpg
No mention of air pressures.
 
OP
OP
NorthernVirginiaCT
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
32
Location
Leesburg, VA
Vehicles
2020 Y Performance & 2022 Y Performance
Country flag
What is wheel circumference of each?
Looks like BFG TA is smaller by a decent margin.
Without adjusting for this, couldn't efficiency numbers be off?
The stock tires from Tesla are 285/60/R20 vs 285/65/R20 for the ones installed.

Therefore, the with lf the tires is the same, bur the new ones have a bigger sidewall.

Also, the stock tires are load range D, whereas the new ones can handle more weight as load range E.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/cybertruck/en_us/GUID-9284C9F2-A2F2-4604-83BF-6599F47766B7.html
 

rb92gt

Well-known member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Jun 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
103
Reaction score
116
Location
32081
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
New ones are taller, requires more energy to roll.
 

Gundo

Well-known member
First Name
Gundo
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
203
Reaction score
253
Location
Connecticut
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
Sometimes even same tire size (285/65 in this case) can have a different diameter. IN this case it seems to be about an inch. But I'm not sure how much af an impact on efficiency this could have.

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO3
Size: LT285/65R20
Inflated Diameter: 34.6
Revs Per Mile: 602

VS.

Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT
Factory OEM Size: 285/65R20
Overall Diameter: 33.5"
Revs Per Mile: 622. 20
(Design: Light Truck / LT)
 
 
Top