• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Towing a Boat/Dropping in Water Advice

Gundo

Well-known member
First Name
Gundo
Joined
Aug 16, 2020
Threads
7
Messages
203
Reaction score
253
Location
Connecticut
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
One thing I’ve been doing that makes life much easier when launching and retrieving - disable rear wheel steering.

4WS makes it kinda crazy when backing up, especially if you have a smaller trailer because the truck simply turns too tightly.

Launch OffRoad App, Turn off Rear Steering. Works like a charm.
 

Korben Dallas

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
124
Reaction score
71
Location
Olympic Mountains
Vehicles
Tesla MYP & FS Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can tow a trailer in off road mode, trailer mode just won't be active... So I guess no lights no brakes?
I might be incorrect in saying this, but if your trailer has electric brakes then I believe trailer mode must be activated so the Cybertruck will be able to use them.

But I suppose you could toggle things off & on as a work around. I don’t like doing that personally but we each have different levels of comfort when it comes to things like this.
 
 
Top