• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Magnetic Phone Mount from Foronetry - Install Article and Video

TeslaKen

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
87
Messages
983
Reaction score
695
Location
Overland Park
Website
www.halocybertruck.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag
The latest in our Articles series can be found here:

Magnetic Phone Mount by Foronetry

I've also created a brief video on the install and use of the mount which YouTube decided was a short and is hosted here: (Yes I know it somehow inserted a photo of the tire inflator system but the video is really about the phone mount.)

 

Driftforge

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Location
California
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I wonder what the long-term effects are of it pushing agains the dash over a long period of time and if it would cause any lasting damage?
 

CyberZephyr

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
533
Reaction score
234
Location
Long Island, New York
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2023 MX
Country flag
Lol, I was confused how that could possibly be the phone mount. I still think it looks like a mini steering wheel ?.
 
OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
87
Messages
983
Reaction score
695
Location
Overland Park
Website
www.halocybertruck.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag
I wonder what the long-term effects are of it pushing agains the dash over a long period of time and if it would cause any lasting damage?
I think i addressed it in the article that while it is a fairly stiff spring so it makes sure to hold the mount in place, it hasn't done any damage to my dash yet but I will freely admit that I don't leave it installed in one spot all the time. I use it occasionally, typically when I want Waze running or the Escort radar app. Otherwise, I don't really have a reason to be using my phone for anything else that I can think of while driving.

Is there some reason why you'd want to leave it mounted in one spot all the time? If so then I would monitor it for any lasting impression in the dash material. Mine is Alcantara in the Beast and it seems pretty forgiving in that regard.
 
OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
87
Messages
983
Reaction score
695
Location
Overland Park
Website
www.halocybertruck.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag
Lol, I was confused how that could possibly be the phone mount. I still think it looks like a mini steering wheel ?.
No kidding! One of the things I like about it is the Cybertruck design cues. When mounted in the center of the steering wheel I can see my phone screen more clearly than one of those C9 2nd screens being sold by several vendors, no need to install a yoke to see the screen.
 
 
Top