• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Software updates skipped a few versions ...

MyFirstElectricTesla

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
58
Messages
436
Reaction score
197
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I've been waiting for the last few weeks NOT to update my old 2024.20.07 and this morning I did update to a new version but noticed it skipped a few versions in between 2024.20.7 - 2024.26.6.

When I tapped updated from 2024.20.7 it downloaded somethings I didn't pay attention, and when done I noticed: 2024.20.7 ---> 2024.26.3.1 ---> 2024.26.6: is it normal?

So far I've had no problems yet.
 

Cybertruck26

Well-known member
First Name
Chris 🇺🇸 🇮🇪 🇨🇦
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Threads
21
Messages
859
Reaction score
504
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
Cyberbeast (07/2024 delivery)
Occupation
Veteran, Engineer, Space 🤓
Country flag
I've been waiting for the last few weeks NOT to update my old 2024.20.07 and this morning I did update to a new version but noticed it skipped a few versions in between 2024.20.7 - 2024.26.6.

When I tapped updated from 2024.20.7 it downloaded somethings I didn't pay attention, and when done I noticed: 2024.20.7 ---> 2024.26.3.1 ---> 2024.26.6: is it normal?

So far I've had no problems yet.
There is no advantage to not updating as they roll out, but if there is a later release candidate that comes out it would supercede the release prior as the previous version will already be in any new release. You basically got the release you needed, plus patches/fixes.
 

tmeyer3

Well-known member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Jun 27, 2021
Threads
26
Messages
1,650
Reaction score
1,314
Location
CA
Website
www.meyerwine.com
Vehicles
Model 3, '73 GMC truck, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist, Vintner
Country flag
I don't know if this is true, but I was told that Tesla software updates are all clean installs, not a patch or modification to existing software. So yes, it would be completely normal to skip versions if you're really behind.
 
OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
58
Messages
436
Reaction score
197
Location
SoCal
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
I don't know if this is true, but I was told that Tesla software updates are all clean installs, not a patch or modification to existing software. So yes, it would be completely normal to skip versions if you're really behind.
As posted it did update one version in the middle: 2024.26.3.1, so I guess not a clean install.
 

Lasttoy

Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
470
Reaction score
156
Location
St Augustine, FL
Vehicles
2013 & 2017 S. CT ordered 30 may
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I keep getting notice to connect the truck to wifi. No way. For 8 years I've gotten my updates OTA. I can't get truck in house to wifi. We have Premium Connectivity. Do the update OTA
 
 
Top