• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com

Old Pro

Well-known member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Threads
24
Messages
343
Reaction score
92
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today, I imagined driving my Cybertruck as I ran my errands around town. First off-road trip I will take is from San Diego to Shelter Valley to go target shooting. I'll stop at the Tesla charging station at Santa Ysabel (Even if I don't need a charge) and just park it so the crowds can admire it!
 

Ogre

Well-known member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
163
Messages
9,549
Reaction score
7,338
Location
Ogregon
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
over 4 years between announcement and delivery sounds VERY familiar
Hopefully Tesla will beat that by a few months.

But when Tesla announced the Cybertruck, there were no electric trucks on the market. By the time the first EV truck shipments arrived, it was 2 years after Tesla’s announcement. So (if you assume summer 2023 launch does happen) essentially Cybertruck is dropped 18 months after the electric truck market “started”. Production of other electric trucks is fairly small.

This truck comes out almost 5 years after the first electric truck shipped. There will be likely hundreds of thousands of trucks shipping per year by then. Ford and Rivian will be shipping their second generation trucks. GM will (maybe?) have 2-3 trucks on the market. Ram might even have something on the road.
 
 
Top