• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Powershare activation question

agordon117

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
667
Reaction score
837
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Has anyone had the powershare option show up in their app while they weren't plugged into their powershare system? I'm curious if I have to go to where my powershare is installed to check if it has been activated, or if I can just expect a notification in my app when they flip the switch on the server telling my truck that it has the feature
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Has anyone had the powershare option show up in their app while they weren't plugged into their powershare system? I'm curious if I have to go to where my powershare is installed to check if it has been activated, or if I can just expect a notification in my app when they flip the switch on the server telling my truck that it has the feature
You'll get a notification on your phone. It just pops up there.
 
OP
OP

agordon117

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
667
Reaction score
837
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
You'll get a notification on your phone. It just pops up there.
but I'm asking, will it pop up there whenever. or will it only pop up there when I'm plugged in
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
but I'm asking, will it pop up there whenever. or will it only pop up there when I'm plugged in
Oh. Hmm... I don't think it will activate if you aren't plugged in so it won't give you a notification.
 

rharl

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Threads
5
Messages
81
Reaction score
62
Location
Greenville
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
Has anyone had the powershare option show up in their app while they weren't plugged into their powershare system? I'm curious if I have to go to where my powershare is installed to check if it has been activated, or if I can just expect a notification in my app when they flip the switch on the server telling my truck that it has the feature
It shows up when it is In use .
 
OP
OP

agordon117

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
667
Reaction score
837
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
The answer was no, I did not have to be plugged in to my powershare system for the option to appear in the app. It popped up this morning
 

Guylouis

Well-known member
First Name
Guy
Joined
Dec 18, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
486
Reaction score
422
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
You will see this in your app under controls :

it will say home disconnected if you aren’t plugged in

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Powershare activation question IMG_2126
 
OP
OP

agordon117

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
667
Reaction score
837
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
You will see this in your app under controls :

it will say home disconnected if you aren’t plugged in

IMG_2126.jpg
yeah, that showed up this morning. I'm not sure if it showed up while I was charging on another charger, or if it was there beforehand. But I was definitely not plugged into the powershare system when it popped up
 
 
Top