• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Power Share questions

Cybertruck 1974

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Threads
39
Messages
848
Reaction score
464
Location
Everywhere
Vehicles
Cybertruck, H2, Samurai, Ford Transit, Chevy Silverado EV, Jaguar, Corvette, M38
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find a good explanation or real world use data.

Ok, I have the CT, Tesla Universal Wall connector, 2 wall batteries, Tesla solar, etc so have all the equipment to use power share.....I have the UWC connected to the subpanel from Gateway already but will need a contractor to connect and program system to do powershare, my question is has anyone really used it? I want to bypass PGE 100% and use my wall batteries and truck during the winter. Charge truck at Super Charger at a way lower rate than what PGE offers and use that power and Wall Batteries during the night and day to power my house as we all know Solar doesn't put out during winter. Also my usage is only 13kwh a day so truck will last a week. So how it works is Truck gives power to Power Walls to keep charge up and then PWs power the house? Seems simple operation.
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find a good explanation or real world use data.

Ok, I have the CT, Tesla Universal Wall connector, 2 wall batteries, Tesla solar, etc so have all the equipment to use power share.....I have the UWC connected to the subpanel from Gateway already but will need a contractor to connect and program system to do powershare, my question is has anyone really used it? I want to bypass PGE 100% and use my wall batteries and truck during the winter. Charge truck at Super Charger at a way lower rate than what PGE offers and use that power and Wall Batteries during the night and day to power my house as we all know Solar doesn't put out during winter. Also my usage is only 13kwh a day so truck will last a week. So how it works is Truck gives power to Power Walls to keep charge up and then PWs power the house? Seems simple operation.
Cybertruck Powershare with Powerwalls is still waiting on software from Tesla, no one has it at this point . You won't need a contractor for the update.

Pack warranty excludes using the truck as a long term power source.
 

Foraker

Active member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Jul 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
33
Reaction score
28
Location
Ohio
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Its allowed now. Shows on my app. Also verified by Charge America. If you look on your app it doesn't show Not Available with Power Walls like mine used to.
Screenshot please?

Here’s what mine says:

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Power Share questions IMG_6879
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Its allowed now. Shows on my app. Also verified by Charge America. If you look on your app it doesn't show Not Available with Power Walls like mine used to.
Charge America? So they aren't Tesla Wall batteries (aka Powerwalls)?
 

Lisa Walker

Member
First Name
Lisa
Joined
Sep 3, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
5
Reaction score
10
Location
san diego
Vehicles
Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Drone pilot in training, retired CRNA
Country flag
I have 2 Teslas ( Y, CT), a UWC and solar. I was told by Tesla energy that an update should be available in January and that I have all the equipment necessary
for powershare.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I have 2 Teslas ( Y, CT), a UWC and solar. I was told by Tesla energy that an update should be available in January and that I have all the equipment necessary
for powershare.
Ooh…January. That’s new information.
Respectfully, I’ll believe it when I see it at this point.
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I have 2 Teslas ( Y, CT), a UWC and solar. I was told by Tesla energy that an update should be available in January and that I have all the equipment necessary
for powershare.
Do you have a Gateway or Powerwalls with Backup Switch?
 

RayzorBEV

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Threads
1
Messages
974
Reaction score
828
Location
Texas
Vehicles
H-M3 P, CB FS, CB FS, CB, J-MY P, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Just received this news from Tesla 🤓
I guess we just need to wait till mid 2026 for the roll-out 🤙

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Power Share questions Screenshot_20251211_174714_Gmail
 

PES_CT

Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
9
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
CMAX hybrid, Camry hybrid,
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I had the installer swear that Tesla was going to be able to coexist with the micro inverters on my non-Tesla solar system. That was April 2024. For lineman safety, the micro inverters shut off if line power dies, but the gateway switches to the truck. What happens when the micro inverters see line power, since the installer also believed what Tesla told them? Does the truck fry my solar, solar fry the truck, or both systems get bricked?
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I had the installer swear that Tesla was going to be able to coexist with the micro inverters on my non-Tesla solar system. That was April 2024. For lineman safety, the micro inverters shut off if line power dies, but the gateway switches to the truck. What happens when the micro inverters see line power, since the installer also believed what Tesla told them? Does the truck fry my solar, solar fry the truck, or both systems get bricked?
Powershare works with up to 11.5kW of solar, if it is UL1741 compliant and connected to the backed up side of the Gateway.
Warning! If you want to test this by using the off grid app button , you MUST turn off solar breaker first. Then enable solar after Cybertruck is powering the house.
https://energylibrary.tesla.com/doc...UID-04DE7F20-2290-4489-A9A1-53F639BB85CB.html
 
 
Top