• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

PCS Failure - Can’t charge at all

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
I would never suggest that anyone break their truck on purpose, but...

It would be interesting to know if there is some specific (but otherwise innocuous) behavior that is precipitating the failures. If so, I would "stress test" my vehicle to ensure that such normal behavior is tolerated. If it can handle it, then the PCS is probably fine. If not, then it is still under warranty.

I charge Level 2 at 48A daily, have used the outlets and home Powershare a few times, have Supercharged a few times... 🤷‍♂️
 

kpanda17

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 8, 2023
Threads
17
Messages
608
Reaction score
346
Location
USA
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
I've had bad SC posts misbehave, and had to move to another stall to get full power. But I've never seen such "bouncing" behavior.

If this is consistent, I'd consider that a problem. There are some stats you can view from Service Mode while charging that may enlighten. For instance, power is reduced when the charge-port temperature is excessive, but I'm not sure if that temp is displayed.

I'd be relived that the BMS is preventing my truck from melting, but it should be able to handle 250kW+ power.
Post PCS fix
Charged last night on roadtrip
325 kw down to 95 kw af 86% SoC
Great when it works
Ionna is building in NJ 400 kw
I’ll try that while we wait on Teslas buildout of 500 kw
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
This has happened to me in different SC sites and moving plugs makes no difference.
Opening a service ticket would not be unwarranted, but it's not uncommon for the tech to claim "could not reproduce" or "working as designed". It helps if you can be armed with some facts, or video evidence (even though this should all be logged).
 

Black306

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
512
Reaction score
449
Location
Sacramento
Vehicles
‘24 DM CT | ‘23 M3 RWD
Country flag
I would never suggest that anyone break their truck on purpose, but...

It would be interesting to know if there is some specific (but otherwise innocuous) behavior that is precipitating the failures. If so, I would "stress test" my vehicle to ensure that such normal behavior is tolerated. If it can handle it, then the PCS is probably fine. If not, then it is still under warranty.

I charge Level 2 at 48A daily, have used the outlets and home Powershare a few times, have Supercharged a few times... 🤷‍♂️
Interested to know the same. I normally charge at <20A at an L2, rarely supercharge, and used the outlets a couple times. I’d like to think my use-case is very light duty on the PCS.
 

Zane Edwards

Well-known member
First Name
ZMAN
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
282
Reaction score
232
Location
California
Vehicles
Audi R8, BMW 4 Conv. MB GLS, Tesla CT AWD
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Reposting since I wasn't aware of this existing thread...which is very helpful to me since i am going to have to go through this now.
Noticed my CT wasn't charging last night. Went out to see what was up and saw two alerts on the screen PCS2_a094 & a095. AC Charging and Powershare issues. I don't have PowerShare set up and haven't used that before at the house but my level 2 is not working to the vehicle. I have scheduled a service and the earliest here in the Bay Area is March 4th....CRAZY. Wondering if many others are having same issue and that is the reason for long wait times getting into any service center?? Grok says many CT owners are having the same issue following the last software update. I am going to try a super charger today and hope I can get some juice there.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen PCS Failure - Can’t charge at all CT AC alert
 

sharpgator

Well-known member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
210
Reaction score
172
Location
Birmingham, AL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
I had a PCS failure on my VIN 81xx about a year ago. My PCS was replaced with version "E". Any background on this version?
 

Zane Edwards

Well-known member
First Name
ZMAN
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
282
Reaction score
232
Location
California
Vehicles
Audi R8, BMW 4 Conv. MB GLS, Tesla CT AWD
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
I had a PCS failure on my VIN 81xx about a year ago. My PCS was replaced with version "E". Any background on this version?
None, but once it is fixed I will share the results
 
 
Top