• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Partitioning SSD for Steam Games / Sentry / Dashcam / etc?

Cyber Satoshi

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
178
Reaction score
63
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Is there a way to custom partition your SSD for each category? I'd like to give Sentry/Dashcam about 300 GB of space and reserve the rest for Steam games. I've heard that it auto partitions 64GB for Sentry/Dashcam and the rest of the drive for Steam.

Just making sure I'm on the right path before messing around with it.

Thanks!
 
OP
OP
Cyber Satoshi

Cyber Satoshi

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
178
Reaction score
63
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I guess you'll need a partition for lightshow/boombox too right?
 

bongulous

Well-known member
First Name
Donk
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
172
Reaction score
184
Location
Illinois
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
Well there’s no Steam gaming on the Cybertruck so no worries there
 

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
1721490809026-lo.png


This is a great post... My question is why did you allocate so much space to the Boombox? 100GB seems like a ton
It really is waaayyyy too much. No reason really. I think I felt that each partition has way too much that it required, so way not over allocate the BoomBox partition. lol

You really could just do like 5GB (still too much) and push the rest to TeslaCam or Music.
 

darkfyre

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
63
Reaction score
83
Location
Sacramento, CA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Dang... that's lame... you'd think a "new model" vehicle like this would have it in their lineup
Keep in mind that Steam support for X & S have been dropped and no longer works (or that's coming soon). I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that there are too many games on Steam that the car can't run which would degrade the "experience". It's that or I'm guessing a licensing thing that makes it not worth it for Tesla.

Either way, I'd love to have Steam support and was disappointed to hear it was going away from all models.
 

bongulous

Well-known member
First Name
Donk
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
172
Reaction score
184
Location
Illinois
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
Dang... that's lame... you'd think a "new model" vehicle like this would have it in their lineup
From what I read and what people mentioned here, the Cybertruck specs are more aligned with that of the Model 3 and Y with 8 GB ram and 128 GB storage whereas the S and X have 16 GB and 256 GB respectively which apparently is what’s required to play Steam games. I don’t own a Model 3 or Y tho so idk if they can run Steam or not.

Tesla did mention anyways they’ll be discontinuing steam support for their newer models (after the Cybertruck was released lol…) so maybe it didn’t make sense to even add support for the Cybertruck. I was definitely disappointed hearing this news bc I would’ve loved to play some games in my truck while waiting for meetings and such, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me personally.
 
OP
OP
Cyber Satoshi

Cyber Satoshi

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
178
Reaction score
63
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
@panthar - from what I understand you can. Look at @rudedawg78 's post above on partitions.

Too bad on the steam... would be cool if they could add an emulator for some classic N64 games or something like that.
 
 
Top