• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Non-magsafe phone mount

sylvius

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
81
Reaction score
64
Location
SE PA
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
In preparing for my CT I have been looking for phone mounts and every one I have seen designed for Tesla (all seemingly attaching to the back of the display) are for magsafe. Anyone who has used a magsafe phone holder off-road will know that you’ll be feeling around the floor for your phone in short order. Even on the road in a truck that’s generally bouncier than a car it just doesn’t perform well. Are there any good phone mounts that physically hold the phone and integrate nicely into a Tesla? I have the off-roam in my tacoma and it is absolutely perfect in every way except that they don’t make one for Tesla. I hate the idea of a bulky suction cup on dash design and don’t even know if it would hold well to the dash material. If I can’t find anything maybe I will see if I can rig it up somehow to attach to the CT. Now I wouldn’t really need it if Tesla would just add carplay but clearly that‘s not going to happen :(
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm pretty happy with this one as I hit bumps. I like that it grabs triggered by the induction coil, and saves enough power to open and close while the power is out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091FPLWHW/

But yeah, will need to find something that works with the truck. This one doesn't have a long enough arm for my Mazda, so it definitely won't work with the truck.

I'm sure someone will come up with something.

-Crissa
 

Nidavellir

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Threads
21
Messages
252
Reaction score
140
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD CyberTruck
Country flag
ProClip USA makes the best mounts. Just need to see if they are making one for the Cybertruck.

ProClip
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
In preparing for my CT I have been looking for phone mounts and every one I have seen designed for Tesla (all seemingly attaching to the back of the display) are for magsafe.

First, not sure if you realize or not, but the Cybertruck has two phone holders with wireless charging on the center console.
I don't think that I've ever had my phone bounce out of the similar console in my Model Y or Model 3 and yes, I've driven the Model 3 on a number of "barely" roads.

At a minimum, a "safety belt" for the phone on the center console may be nice.

I'd recommend trying what comes with the vehicle before buying one.

This image is from CYBERTRUCK | Tesla but you have scroll down then then scroll left to get to it. It seems to have a little better viewability directly on the page.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Non-magsafe phone mount 1706037574129
 
 
Top