• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

New wheel covers scratched all 4 of my rims

BlueLightning

Well-known member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Mar 4, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
459
Reaction score
101
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
Model Y, Yukon, GM 1500, Tacoma, and Road King
Occupation
Retired USA, Army
Country flag
I went to wash my truck the other day and noticed all 4 wheels were scratched where the wheel covers were attached. Tesla Dublin agreed to refinish all of the wheels without much trouble. I have stopped using them until Tesla comes up with a remedy. Attached are before and after pics:

20250307_093735.jpg
20250417_175418.jpg
Yes day one of receiving any Tesla with hud cap covers.

You must decide to keep them on forever (terminology) or remove day one so they don’t permanently rub scratches in the metal rims.

it’s a real thing. Remove them before driving off.
 

L3it3R

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
818
Reaction score
982
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Yeah I got mine put on nearly a year after delivery and they scratched all four wheels. Will not be putting them back on. Using the free caps they sent for now. Had a set of lug bolt covers and center caps that I put on at the SC when I took delivery last year, so I’ve never rolled ā€˜naked’ on the wheel hubs/lugs.
 

Lowcoe

Well-known member
First Name
Erich
Joined
May 7, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
301
Reaction score
112
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
S3xY
Occupation
Gardner
Country flag
Just like the battery extender Tesla should come out and say, ā€œSorry we’re not making hubcap covers because all the possible solutions are over engineered turds.ā€ I just got mine and they only ever will be wall art.
 
Last edited:

WhTsup

Active member
Joined
Aug 19, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Location
TX
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Most likely it is just the poor quality of coating on the wheels. It is very unfortunate that they didn’t think it through.
 
 
Top