• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Cyberwheel covers damaged my rims and tesla now asks $3588 to fix it

Indexck

Active member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
35
Reaction score
38
Location
Palm Coast, FL
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Utilities
Country flag
I take my covers off to run through the car wash. My wheels have the same scratches, I love the covers though. Also I think the wheel scratches look pretty cool. 🤷‍♂️
 

Baldyloxx

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 10, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
445
Reaction score
295
Location
Earth
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is exactly why my CORE covers hang on the wall since day1… cool looking covers, with a design flaw.. needs more protection from mar/galling the wheels..

…non marring material or a gasket.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
‘24 Beast
Country flag
I ordered center caps before I even took delivery of the truck. When my covers came off they never went back on.
 

Speedr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
449
Reaction score
529
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I take my covers off to run through the car wash. My wheels have the same scratches, I love the covers though. Also I think the wheel scratches look pretty cool. 🤷‍♂️
@Indexck, did you ever try going through the car wash WITH the covers on?

We were lucky enough to get one of the first Foundation Series back in February of 2024. We went a long time without them, so when they were finally available, we jumped. Maybe it's because we ran without them for so long (over a year), but we've had them on for 5 or 6 months now and really like them. Between 70 and 75 mph, we're getting the rated range (i.e. 318), so maybe they do help a lot with efficiency (of course don't remember what it was like before). If we make another change, it'll be for aftermarket wheels and tires, but will save the OEMs for when it's time to sell/trade it (can only imagine it'll be for the next version of the Cybertruck).
 
 
Top