• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

My Bumper! I F*ed up backing up! Replacement needed?

mdcoleman

Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
149
Reaction score
127
Location
Seattle, WA
Vehicles
2024 CyberTruck FS (123D) (124XX VIN)
Occupation
Construction Manager / Contractor
Country flag
My better half backed into a rock wall at a nearby mall while parking...claims she was waiting for the warning beeps like the old car did when getting close to something while backing up. Not worth getting worked up about, as it is plastic and just the hitch cover piece and IIRC, I've heard that runs $70-$100 and is over the counter. Kinda like high school picture day....a big ol' zit on the nose, blackheads cheek to cheek:mad:
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen My Bumper! I F*ed up backing up! Replacement needed? HC
 

Beyond

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
216
Reaction score
216
Location
Rum River Watershed, MN
Vehicles
2026 Model Y LR and 2014 Subie Fozzie
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Touch up with a heat gun, put stick on reflectors over both sides, live with it. Add a sticker that says, "You should have seen the other guy". You'll probably do it again anyway. ;-)
 

FarAway

Well-known member
First Name
I.
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
57
Messages
660
Reaction score
463
Location
Central Virginia
Vehicles
TVR, Jeep Jk Sahara, Audi Q7, FS CyberBeast
Country flag
If it was me, I would definitely replace the bumper, BUT NOT until after the third "ouchie".

IS the CT ever going to get the impact/collision warnings that cars & trucks 10 years older have had for years?

IF not, I will be adding these, curb feelers.
 
 
Top