• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss

Ogre

Well-known member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Jul 3, 2021
Threads
163
Messages
9,549
Reaction score
7,338
Location
Ogregon
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The CT bed camper project is no different. They took in tons of money without even having the bed dimensions to design their product off of, yet they got enough somebodies to shell out on that hope and prayer.


At least the RV can finalize a design without having to wait years on another unreleased product that it depends upon.
I was wrong, there is actually a prototype (linked above Dave Lee video).

Still a lot of money to drop on a startup never-manufactured in volume product, but they have put in some hours to make a working(ish) proto.
 

Misterbee

Member
First Name
Warren
Joined
Aug 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
19
Reaction score
15
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
Model Y + T@g teardrop, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Film Editor
Country flag
I took a tour of the prototype yesterday at an EV show in Los Angeles. I was pretty skeptical, but after hanging out for about a half an hour, and chatting up the staff, I must say that I am very impressed. The design is much more impressive in person than it is in pictures. It’s very well designed, and for those who can afford it, it will be a great way to travel.
 
OP
OP

Ranulf

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
102
Reaction score
70
Location
WI
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
I watched the Munro video on Lightship. If I stumble upon a windfall, I will definitely get it.

Unfortunately I will probably have to wait for a cheaper model.
 

kev12345

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
May 16, 2020
Threads
12
Messages
794
Reaction score
500
Location
Canada
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
maybe the regular travel trailer companies could come up with a similar "slide-up" design (instead of all the slide-outs). Leave out the expensive drivetrain and battery. the reduced drag from an aero design like this would probably make a huge difference by itself.
 

Chris9702L

Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
May 28, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
354
Reaction score
348
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
You have to be kidding about the SuperCharger network. It’s great, the best out there, but the coverage is not there yet. I went to my condo in Branson, MO. Guess what, no supercharger ?‍♂. Even at home in Colorado Springs this is still not to much coverage to the west. And there is no way I would rely on any other network.
Now that they have Ford the stations need to be popping up left and right!
 

Gwgans

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Maine
Vehicles
Teslas
Country flag
Looking for a forum to talk about renting out a Lightship (after long North America tour). Anyone?
 
 
Top