• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

J17 Adapter Charging - Fail or User Error?

TexasRaider

Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Threads
30
Messages
709
Reaction score
367
Location
Denton
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I just tried to level 2 charge my CT at work with the J17 adapter that Tesla provided; however, the CT said the adapter isn’t “in” fully. I tried a few times, but “she can not anymore, Captain!”.. Anyone else experienced this issue? (Forgive me if this has previously been mentioned on a thread. I hope that Tesla just gave me a M3 adapter isn’t of one for a CT. I’ll swing by the center tomorrow.)

4/9/2024 - UPDATE: User or single event error. Charging fine at my employer’s J17 chargers. ?
 
Last edited:

wh1t3rbb1t

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
121
Reaction score
114
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founders Edition
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
I just tried to level 2 charge my CT at work with the J17 adapter that Tesla provided; however, the CT said the adapter isn’t “in” fully. I tried a few times, but “she can not anymore, Captain!”.. Anyone else experienced this issue? (Forgive me if this has previously been mentioned on a thread. I hope that Tesla just gave me a M3 adapter isn’t of one for a CT. I’ll swing by the center tomorrow.)
All I have at home is a lvl2 charger and use the adapter all the time. I’ve had no problems with mine. I haven’t seen others complain of this; however, I have had a faulty adapter for my M3 before so it’s possible it’s maybe just defective and Tesla swapping it out will be the fix.
 
OP
OP
TexasRaider

TexasRaider

Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Threads
30
Messages
709
Reaction score
367
Location
Denton
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
All I have at home is a lvl2 charger and use the adapter all the time. I’ve had no problems with mine. I haven’t seen others complain of this; however, I have had a faulty adapter for my M3 before so it’s possible it’s maybe just defective and Tesla swapping it out will be the fix.
Thanks. I am hopeful for a simple solution, of course. And that was the first time ever using the adapter on the CT. (It charged fine at the SC.)
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
I just tried to level 2 charge my CT at work with the J17 adapter that Tesla provided; however, the CT said the adapter isn’t “in” fully.
I got this at a Chargepoint station yesterday, but I assumed this was due to the poor condition of the equipment.
 

wh1t3rbb1t

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
121
Reaction score
114
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founders Edition
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
I got this at a Chargepoint station yesterday, but I assumed this was due to the poor condition of the equipment.
Hah. That’s par for really any other charging network. I had the worst time charging in public with my F150 Lightning. The Tesla Supercharger network is otherwise really solid.
 
 
Top