• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

HOW to mount rooftop dashcam camera?

CasaDelGato

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
50
Location
Greenbank, WA
Vehicles
EV F250 (conversion), Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm going to be using a @Wolfbox G900 Pro.
I've seen postings before showing dashcam cameras mounted to the roof of the Cybertruck.
HOW are they mounted?
WHERE do you run the cable?
 

AverageJoe

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
156
Reaction score
106
Location
Olive Hill, KY
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 2022 MYP, 2016 MX 90D
Occupation
Retired Military, House Husband
Country flag
Check youtube or where you bought it from for installation video like this one
 
OP
OP
CasaDelGato

CasaDelGato

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
50
Location
Greenbank, WA
Vehicles
EV F250 (conversion), Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I hadn't found one that complete yet.
 

AverageJoe

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
156
Reaction score
106
Location
Olive Hill, KY
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 2022 MYP, 2016 MX 90D
Occupation
Retired Military, House Husband
Country flag
@TeslaKen also did a good video with a 3D print file for cover
 

TeslaKen

Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Apr 26, 2024
Threads
87
Messages
983
Reaction score
695
Location
Overland Park
Website
www.halocybertruck.com
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, M3PD+, GT4, XK140OTS
Occupation
Currently Occupied
Country flag

MICyber

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 29, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
231
Reaction score
133
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I mounted mine to the roof bars but upside down (in the yellow circle). I also have the Wolfbox G900 Pro. On the underside of the bar I used a half moon cable channel intended for floors. I cut a shape out of the channel to accommodate the camera. The wire runs in the channel to the side bar mount then snaked back to the cabin under the roof liner to the mirror (passenger side). There are airbags in the liner so I tried to stay away from those. Some people go behind the B pillar but that's not necessary. I just went up in the liner in the rear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D1C2JVK8

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen HOW to mount rooftop dashcam camera? PXL_20250504_172847930


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen HOW to mount rooftop dashcam camera? 51C3gpzXZ4L._AC_SL1500_


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen HOW to mount rooftop dashcam camera? 71bZX-GHSmL._AC_SL1500_
 
OP
OP
CasaDelGato

CasaDelGato

Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
50
Location
Greenbank, WA
Vehicles
EV F250 (conversion), Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies! Having multiple examples helps.
Now to watch both videos multiple times....
 
 
Top