• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

HOT pillar camera between front and rear doors!

Cyberham

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
66
Reaction score
31
Location
Penticton BC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Drove my truck for a few hours today, rainy and cloudy day, and at one point I leaned my forearm above the open door switch on the camera and near burnt myself! I went and checked and the other side was equally hot! I couldnt keep my hand on it for more than a few seconds without nearly burning myself. Anyone else noticed this'?
 

chaosmarine92

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
154
Reaction score
131
Location
Knoxville, TN
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
I've noticed my wheel shroud cameras and the rear camera are often quite warm but the pillar cameras are not. I usual check before I get in though, not after a drive. It's weird because I wouldn't think the cameras should be doing anything when the car is parked in my garage with sentry disabled but they are still warm.
 

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
145F while sentry is off, parked in my 80 degree garage. Will get nuclear hot when parked outside.
This is going to burn out the cameras and Tesla will have to do another recall.
 

Langestreet

Active member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Sep 24, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Location
SW WA
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model Y, Excursion,+++
Occupation
Mostly Retired :-)
Country flag
Heat is intentional here. Without it, condensation forms inside the pillars and blocks the camera.
 
 
Top