• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Charging (or not) at home

CW22

New member
First Name
Clint
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Vehicles
Two 2021 Model Y's
Country flag
I rented a Cybertruck over the weekend. Plugged it into the same Tesla cord and plug (220v, 30amp) outlet that I've used for 4 Model Y's and 1 Model X. It wouldn't charge at first, saying the plug was not fully inserted/latched. A little fiddling eventually got it to start charging at 8 mph (this combo normally yields 23 mph) while the normally green pulsating light was a yellow/orange pulsating light.

Mentioned it to Tesla service when I was there for something else. They said the Cybertruck uses the same charging cable/plug as the other models, but said he suspected there was something a little "off" on the truck itself. However, it charged just fine at a Supercharger station. Any thoughts? I'd like to know what's going on before I get my truck.
 

Speedr

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
449
Reaction score
529
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I rented a Cybertruck over the weekend. Plugged it into the same Tesla cord and plug (220v, 30amp) outlet that I've used for 4 Model Y's and 1 Model X. It wouldn't charge at first, saying the plug was not fully inserted/latched. A little fiddling eventually got it to start charging at 8 mph (this combo normally yields 23 mph) while the normally green pulsating light was a yellow/orange pulsating light.

Mentioned it to Tesla service when I was there for something else. They said the Cybertruck uses the same charging cable/plug as the other models, but said he suspected there was something a little "off" on the truck itself. However, it charged just fine at a Supercharger station. Any thoughts? I'd like to know what's going on before I get my truck.
Check the app and make sure the Amps weren't set to a low number.
 

Dids

Well-known member
First Name
Les
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Threads
9
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
1,102
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I have the opposite problem. I blew fuses... yes fuses on my 6-30 welder outlet. Had truck set to 24amps. This morning it is set to 48 and fuses are gone. I have the 6-30 adapter from AC works https://acworks.com/products/g2ev630pt-6-30-tesla-mobile-connector.
Which is supposed to set mobile charger to 24 amp max so the truck setting itself to 48amp shouldnt actully be a problem.... still annoying it doesnt hold the setting. I have service coming up for the mobile charger on tue because the button on the handle doesnt work. Hopefully they swap it out because i dont see how else i fry 30 amp fuses.
 
 
Top