• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Brake Dust on Rear Tires?

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
There's a thread or two about this issue. Mine do that, too (FS AWD 113xx).
I searched "Brakes" and no current threads came up, so I created this one.

@MOD, can you combine threads?
 

jf64k

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
866
Reaction score
970
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
2020 MYLR (Lola), 2024 FS AWD (Deckard 263-54)
Country flag

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Got the same issue here. Rear left tire.
 

CyberPappy

Active member
Joined
May 6, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
25
Reaction score
11
Location
USA
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Would like to see a performance carbon ceramic break option sometime in the future. Less dust and maybe a bit more stopping power for such a heavy vehicle.
 

mark555055c

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
568
Reaction score
796
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Interesting topic and one that i have not seen until now.

I removed all four wheels yesterday to ceramic coat them and noticed the same exact thing. Rears with far more dust caked on than the fronts, which is the opposite of what you'd see typically on a vehicle.

I can only assume the rear pad material is different than the front. Maybe ceramic on the front and semi metallic on the back?
 
Last edited:

docowen

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
49
Reaction score
48
Location
VA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I noticed it once I got the FSD update. I rarely used the brake prior to FSD and it seems the FSD is using the regular brakes more frequently than I do given its tendency to slow quickly when stopping at stoplights etc.
 

Seribus

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Threads
18
Messages
211
Reaction score
121
Location
NC
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series AWD
Country flag
Next question is how is every cleaning it off? I tried just car wash and wheel brush and it doesn't fly off as easy as brake dust once you disturb it. I tried some simply green and then chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner. I got some off but not enough for my picky ass.
 

brandonhd

Well-known member
First Name
Brandon
Joined
Apr 27, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
53
Reaction score
50
Location
USA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
Interesting topic and one that i have not seen until now.

I removed all four wheels yesterday to ceramic coat them and noticed the same exact thing. Rears with far more dust caked on than the fronts, which is the opposite of what you'd see typically on a vehicle.

I can only assume the rear pad material is different than the front. Maybe ceramic on the front and semi metallic on the back?
Does the back dust stick to the wheels like before since you ceramic coated them? I'm considering coating mine and was curious if it helped with the break dust.
 

mark555055c

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
568
Reaction score
796
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Does the back dust stick to the wheels like before since you ceramic coated them? I'm considering coating mine and was curious if it helped with the break dust.
Yeah, it definitely helped in preventing brake dust from sticking and for making it easier to clean if it does. I can't say how long this will hold up with my Northeast Winters but, we shall see.
 

brandonhd

Well-known member
First Name
Brandon
Joined
Apr 27, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
53
Reaction score
50
Location
USA
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
Yeah, it definitely helped in preventing brake dust from sticking and for making it easier to clean if it does. I can't say how long this will hold up with my Northeast Winters but, we shall see.
Good deal. Thanks for letting me know.
 

BlueLightning

Well-known member
First Name
Thomas
Joined
Mar 4, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
459
Reaction score
101
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicles
Model Y, Yukon, GM 1500, Tacoma, and Road King
Occupation
Retired USA, Army
Country flag
Welcome, seems to be just rust from moisture. When rotors are clean red dust is not there.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Brake Dust on Rear Tires? IMG_0885
 
Last edited:
 
Top