• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Best experiences with which home chargers?

bg002h

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
360
Reaction score
190
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Radiologist
Country flag
I will be purchasing a home this year and would like to hear from all of you that have experienced home charging from different perspectives and chargers. What do you suggest? I expect that the Tesla home charger will be “the best option” but wanted to confirm that from all of yall. (The family has 2 EVs and they are both Teslas. But would prefer a universal option, of course.)

What say you?
Be very careful with the backup gateway. Mine started smoking on first test and that was a few months ago. As of now, I have a very dangerous box on my back garage that will let me burn the garage down if I don’t keep the software configured correctly to disable PowerShare and I charge with the wall charger. Nevermind that I have been trying to get this installed since June 2024…

I just use the portable charger at 240v/32A and that’s way more than my routine needs justify.
 

mongo

Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
3,489
Reaction score
3,010
Location
SE Michigan
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Be very careful with the backup gateway. Mine started smoking on first test and that was a few months ago. As of now, I have a very dangerous box on my back garage that will let me burn the garage down if I don’t keep the software configured correctly to disable PowerShare and I charge with the wall charger. Nevermind that I have been trying to get this installed since June 2024…

I just use the portable charger at 240v/32A and that’s way more than my routine needs justify.
Possibly a bad neutral transformer.
If they disconnect the communication cable from the UWC, then it can't activate.
 
 
Top