• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Before and After using citrisurf77

Dahongfei

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
328
Reaction score
278
Location
Charlotte
Vehicles
Cyber beast
Country flag
Decided to see if the recommended cleaning product for the cybertruck was any good.

1) used chemical guys soap to wash and then towel dry
2) spray and left on citrisurf77 for 10 minutes. I sprayed and wiped it around with a microfiber cloth

overall, it did really balance out the stainless finish. Some persisting stains from some blemishes and other products are somewhat visible, but really take off anything to was sitting on the metal.

what did you all think? And better process to using that citric acid based cleaner?

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Before and After using citrisurf77 IMG_6458


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Before and After using citrisurf77 IMG_6460


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Before and After using citrisurf77 IMG_6459
 

EricM

Active member
Joined
Jan 12, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
37
Reaction score
37
Location
Horseheads, NY
Vehicles
Lucid Air Grand Touring, Rivian R1S, GMC Denali HD
Country flag
I did the same but used the blue scotch-brite pad (recommended in the service manual) as I had some rust spots on the hood. Very pleased with the result.
 

BeFamousVideo

Well-known member
First Name
Vincent
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
419
Reaction score
258
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicles
CT Beast delivered May 2024
Occupation
Automation Agency
Country flag
Your truck looks very good although I don't know how oxidized it was before. I've noticed some trucks in pics appear to have different shades of oxidation especially near door edges. I'm going to try this Citrusurf77 now too.
BKF (Bar Keepers Friend) works great I spent 1-2 hours going over the whole truck after taking delivery 2 months ago. Some forum members here insist that BKF should not be used on the CT. My research results are that the nano thickness chromium oxide protective layer can be removed by some cleaners especially acid based types. But that when oxygen hits the SS the chromium oxide layer forms again within 24-48 hours.
I literally just use Sprayway brand foaming glass cleaner to wash the truck it takes less time and energy when the truck is mildly dirty.
 

Dangerous

Member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
13
Reaction score
12
Location
Redington Beach Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck, X Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bar keepers friend spray rubbed on sparingly and rinsed and buffed with windex gives an amazing true color shine- best thing I have found!
 
OP
OP

Dahongfei

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
328
Reaction score
278
Location
Charlotte
Vehicles
Cyber beast
Country flag
I did the same but used the blue scotch-brite pad (recommended in the service manual) as I had some rust spots on the hood. Very pleased with the result.
I was too scared to use anything “rough.” But good to know it worked for you. I just sprayed and spread with a soft cloth.
 

BigDan

New member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Nov 14, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
2) spray and left on citrisurf77 for 10 minutes. I sprayed and wiped it around with a microfiber cloth
I'm excited to see you do a 10 minute version of this. I've seen guys trying to keep it moist for 30 minutes.

Has the process helped keep the finger prints down?

Dan
 
OP
OP

Dahongfei

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
328
Reaction score
278
Location
Charlotte
Vehicles
Cyber beast
Country flag
I'm excited to see you do a 10 minute version of this. I've seen guys trying to keep it moist for 30 minutes.

Has the process helped keep the finger prints down?

Dan
I don’t think it has. Still a fingerprint magnet as usual, but luckily it’s colder now and not as much oily fingers on the doors!
 

Fausto

Well-known member
First Name
D
Joined
Jul 23, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
158
Reaction score
220
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicles
Model S LR
Country flag
Ok, I'm going nuts. Ended up buying a sheet of steel from Lowe's and started testing refinishing with different cleaning products, tools and accessories.

Tl;dr
  1. No barkeepers liquid. No. Polishes and acts like very fine compound
  2. Barkeepers spray. Yes. Leave on for a bit, use blue scotch pad to move around lightly then rinse
  3. Citrisurf. Yes. But gets sticky. Spray, leave on. Water down. Move it around. Wait some more. Aggravate with blue scotch pad. Wait. Rinse.
  4. Windex. No opinion but heard ammonia is no bueno.
  5. Sprayaway. Yes. Great after barkeepers spray or citrisurf cycle, less is more! Also great In-between deep cleaning.
  6. Blue scotch pads. Great. Just use them
Refinish
  1. DeWalt 20v hand sander with grey or red conditioning pad. Nope. Couldn't get same finish as original.
  2. Cheap 6" orbital polishing tool (takes DeWalt 20v batteries) with red pad. Then blue scotch pad. Looks like original finish!
Seriously. Get a $15 piece of metal and start playing. It's really quite rewarding and you won't ruin your truck until you're confident in how to achieve the results.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Before and After using citrisurf77 1000052120
 
 
Top