• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Guess which panels I applied CitriSurf77

ideaXfactory

Well-known member
First Name
IdeaX
Joined
Jan 8, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
234
Reaction score
187
Location
MO
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Skip the windex and your process is golden :)

I really think windex and BKF have been using product placement advertising efforts and that is why they keep getting inserted into common online discourse.

Windex with ammonia is not recommended by CitraSurf and is not recommended to be used on Stainless steel in general.

You can just rinse CitraSurf off with water and it actually works better.
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I read somewhere in another thread here that suggest to use Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scour Pads on the surface after spraying CitriSurf77. Is that not necessary?
Most chemical processes work better with a little agitation, which is why they recommend that. It can also mix up the solution into a thicker layer on the metal by adding little bubbles into it.

Like the OP here, just be careful when rubbing it on to get to the edges of the panels and not over expose any one spot or you'll end up with bright spots ^-^

-Crissa
 

GatorCyber

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
425
Reaction score
246
Location
Florida
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FS; 2023 Model X (w/FSD)
Occupation
Real Estate Developer
Country flag
Be careful with the blue 'non-scratch' pads. I used them with barkeepers friend to remove sharpie graffiti on my tailgate. It's now got surface scratches. But Tesla's sanding job was sub-par so it kind of fits in
 

jameskk

Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 1, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
258
Reaction score
307
Location
Moore, SC
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD, Ford F150 Lightning
Country flag
Here is my issue (dark horizontal bar on rear door) tried scotch pads on small area with no effect that I could tell.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Guess which panels I applied CitriSurf77 IMG_5387
 

SentinelOne

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Threads
45
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
716
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have same on rear qtr panel...but it's part of the character, can only see it at certain angles / light...yes I'd like it to be gone but doesnt trigger me 99% of the time
 
 
Top