• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

14 Charging Options on my Cybertruck

CTSoFL

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Threads
17
Messages
398
Reaction score
449
Location
South Florida
Vehicles
2024 AWD Foundation Series Cybertruck
Country flag
When you're going into very remote areas, every option could be a life saver!
You'll impress me when I see a hamster wheel hooked up to a generator with two bare lead wires.

?
 

rudedawg78

Well-known member
First Name
Ernie
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Threads
45
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
929
Location
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 AWD Cybertruck (Foundation Series) "Wraith"
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
What about the hand crank option? :)
 

rrolsbe

Active member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Aug 10, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
36
Reaction score
14
Location
Reno, NV
Vehicles
2023 Model 3 RWD
Country flag
When you're going into very remote areas, every option could be a life saver!
I have purchased and made adapters to allow charging from the following. 5-15, 5-20, 5-30, 5-50, 6-15, 6-20, 14-30, 14-50, 14-60, 10-20, 10-30. 10-50, L14-30, L6-30, TT-30, 6-30, 6-50 and one other I need to verify since the connector does not show the type. 18 total. I think are am ready for most power sources, have I missed any?
 
OP
OP
the43k

the43k

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Eddie
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Threads
30
Messages
130
Reaction score
157
Location
Boulder, Colorado
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Occupation
Career Fire Fighter / Owner NJ Renewable Energy LLC
Country flag
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #6
I have purchased and made adapters to allow charging from the following. 5-15, 5-20, 5-30, 5-50, 6-15, 6-20, 14-30, 14-50, 14-60, 10-20, 10-30. 10-50, L14-30, L6-30, TT-30, 6-30, 6-50 and one other I need to verify since the connector does not show the type. 18 total. I think are am ready for most power sources, have I missed any?
Thanks for this.. If you can tell me what Im missing and what it's used for normally that would be awesome!
 

yippie

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
Joined
Jul 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
212
Reaction score
204
Location
MA
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
When you're going into very remote areas, every option could be a life saver!
total waste of money but enjoy lugging all that around.
 
OP
OP
the43k

the43k

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Eddie
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Threads
30
Messages
130
Reaction score
157
Location
Boulder, Colorado
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Occupation
Career Fire Fighter / Owner NJ Renewable Energy LLC
Country flag
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #8
total waste of money but enjoy lugging all that around.

First off, all this stuff, including the mobile connector fits into two square Tesla bags and can be stored in one section of the 3 part dividers in the lower bed space. This kind of stuff isn't needed 99.5% and could be left at home. A good portion of the CT community likely doesn't need this if they just stay local and don't do any off the beaten path stuff. However, when you are traveling long distances, going into remote areas and camping/off roading etc. Having them as an insurance policy could be worth its weight in gold if you end up in the middle of nowhere with no super charging / level 2 options. We are big National Park fans, BLM and boondockign fans and as I think I mentioned creating a camper for the CT. So all these things may very well come in handy at some point. If they don't, it only proves how expansive the Tesla supercharging network has become.
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I think that all this is, is the included mobile connector, the included J-172 adapter, the CCS adaptor along with the questionable breakaway adaptor. and a few other things to probably make a questionable TT-30 adapter. A much better TT-30 adapter is TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

Reality is that you may only ever use 2-3 of them and you'll kick yourself in the pants when Tesla comes out with their CCS adapter.
 
OP
OP
the43k

the43k

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Eddie
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Threads
30
Messages
130
Reaction score
157
Location
Boulder, Colorado
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Occupation
Career Fire Fighter / Owner NJ Renewable Energy LLC
Country flag
I think that all this is, is the included mobile connector, the included J-172 adapter, the CCS adaptor along with the questionable breakaway adaptor. and a few other things to probably make a questionable TT-30 adapter. A much better TT-30 adapter is TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

Reality is that you may only ever use 2-3 of them and you'll kick yourself in the pants when Tesla comes out with their CCS adapter.
I actually bought that tt-30 EVSE, it arrived 2 days after I did the video.
 
 
Top