• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. Knucklehead

    Tesla Inductive Wireless Charging development has reached 25 kW charging speed

    100%. The use case isn't the replacement of a SC. It is replacement for plugging in at home or at destination chargers. It is new use cases like charging cars that are waiting or parked while the owner eats dinner. It changes everything, IMO. This technology might actually get my wife to...
  2. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    It didn't really "drift". I was answering questions about my Mach-e which absolutely does have a 12V AGM battery. My Mach-e demonstrates you don't have to drain the HVB to enable various functions. As I previously posted, Sentry mode is different, but if that is turned off, I don't see why...
  3. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    That is true, but the vehicle reports an efficiency reading and I know the range I am getting. I don't think recharging the LVB while driving or charging is significantly impacting either.
  4. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    Not really. The HVB is not losing charge. The LVB is instead. Not sure why that is considered lying. The LVB is very small and easy to recharge. In fact, it is a AGM battery that is smaller than those typically used on a ICEV. As you know, there is a lot of overhead associated with accessing...
  5. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    When driving it uses the HVB to recharge the LVB. When charging it uses the charging power. If the LVB drops to 40% SoC while parked, it will use the HVB to recharge. That is rare. If the car sits for long enough, it goes into a deeper sleep which makes it less responsive. But I have come home...
  6. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    No, they don't. My Mach-e has Phone as a Key (Paak) and Fobs and an app I can use to start the car, roll down the windows, lock and unlock it. And if I park it at the airport, it does not lose a single bit of charge while I am gone. Zero. I return and it has the exact same charge level as when...
  7. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    It appears we are not going to agree on this, or the need for longer range BEVs. That's OK. But vampire drain is a solvable situation. The legacy car companies do not have vampire drain. The Rivian R1 Gen 1 has a vampire drain issue, that is supposed to be "fixed" with the Gen 2. Maybe it is...
  8. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    What is the vampire drain when Sentry is turned off? I can't make it home if the battery is at 20%.
  9. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    I am assuming I drive like I normally drive. Most of the trip will be at 80 mph on the highway. I doubt it will only use 15%, but you could be correct. Regardless, a two week trip to Italy will have me returning to a dead truck, or one that must be charged before I can make it home. That is a...
  10. Knucklehead

    Quantifying overnight ("phantom") drain

    What happens when you park it at the airport for two weeks? Do you come back to a dead battery? The airport is about 40 miles from my house. I would arrive at the airport with around 75% charge assuming I charged to 100%. Seems like with what everyone is reporting, my CT would be dead before I...
  11. Knucklehead

    Ordered a Rivian R1T after owning a Cybertruck for three months

    If you clean off the snow you will get better efficiency. ?
  12. Knucklehead

    Ordered a Rivian R1T after owning a Cybertruck for three months

    That's what they say, but I have yet to see what the real and projected contribution margin is for the Gen2. If anyone has seen those numbers, can you share? I would like to see real data that shows production is adding cash, not burning it. Otherwise I don't see how they survive. They say...
  13. Knucklehead

    Battery Pack Teardown Photos Reveals Empty Spaces (Sandy Munro Live)

    Not in Radford. Anyway, longer range means I have more flexibility to stop where I want. Fewer forced stops is better. That's all.
  14. Knucklehead

    Battery Pack Teardown Photos Reveals Empty Spaces (Sandy Munro Live)

    Range anxiety means you are worried you cannot make it to the next refueling stop. It happens with ICEVs as well as BEVs. So no, that is not what I am talking about. Because you are right about one thing: Tesla has done an excellent job of building a network of refueling locations that...
  15. Knucklehead

    Battery Pack Teardown Photos Reveals Empty Spaces (Sandy Munro Live)

    I am not going to spend $350k on a car. But I would pay $15k more than the "standard" model for a decent increase in range. For me, it isn't about range anxiety. I just don't like being forced to stop. I want to stop when I want to stop, not when I have to stop. I want to be able to drive as...
  16. Knucklehead

    Battery Pack Teardown Photos Reveals Empty Spaces (Sandy Munro Live)

    I would be very happy wirh 430 miles at highway speeds. I believe only the Lucid Air GT can do it as of today - using the smaller wheels (which don't look as nice). Edit: I forgot about the Silverado WT, but I doubt it can at 80 mph. Which is my typical highway speed. We need significantly...
Top