• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Door handle inserts installed

Stuck4ger

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Threads
36
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
893
Location
Cape Canaveral, FL
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Aerospace
Country flag
I bought a set of 3D printed adhesive door handle inserts off of Etsy and literally the next day my son sent me a different set that he bought off Amazon (larger and black rubber). I hadn’t seen them before and they are SO much better — they look nicer and are easier to use.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Door handle inserts installed IMG_1660


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Door handle inserts installed IMG_1661
 

Dekeman

Well-known member
First Name
Derek
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
50
Reaction score
26
Location
Texas
Vehicles
(2) ‘23 MX,‘25 M3P, Foundation AWD CT
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Is there an amazon Link you can share?
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Door handle inserts installed Screenshot 2024-11-15 at 9.37.48 AM



I got these from Amazon here: https://a.co/d/cEM0L5x

So far they're great. The black color invokes an OEM-look, but makes it harder to find them... it's just a matter of reprogramming my grasp.
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag

M0unt41nm4n

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
975
Reaction score
861
Location
Durango, CO and Moab, UT
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator, CT-AWD
Country flag
It's actually 3M VHB ("Very High Bond") double-sided tape. It's shown no signs of giving way.
Not even in that hot TX sun? ?

I'm interested because my CT will be in 110 degree heat in the summer and I am hoping the glue is resistant to that. Thanks for that update.
 

TECH49

Well-known member
First Name
Philip
Joined
Nov 18, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
158
Reaction score
104
Location
Keller, TX
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, DM Cybertruck, C8
Country flag
I use VHB tape all the time and have never found the heat in Texas affects it at all.
 

SentinelOne

Well-known member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Threads
45
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
716
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I did the exact same journey - small ones (that sucked) then got the latter or very similar from RPM Tesla (I think)....larger set has adhesive on 2 sides and works much, much better!
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
The very first thing I noticed when receiving my truck was that opening the door requires pulling on the window seal, and closing is no better.
 
 
Top